lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2017, 02:38 PM   #21
Rayferd
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Drive Clutch Removal 2004 DS

Its a bit crude, but when I get a stuck one I tighten the puller as much as I can with my impact, then take a 2X4 about 4 feet long and put it against the sheeve from the driver side and tap it with a small sledge. Usually a couple smacks and it pops off.
Rayferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2017, 06:08 PM   #22
TheCricketer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayferd View Post
Its a bit crude, but when I get a stuck one I tighten the puller as much as I can with my impact, then take a 2X4 about 4 feet long and put it against the sheeve from the driver side and tap it with a small sledge. Usually a couple smacks and it pops off.
After 10 or so hits with a hammer and a 4 foot long 2x2 this is what went TING and came off. Success? If so, how do I get the cover off? :). If more came off than I should have, how much is it to fix it? :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1153BF6B-C68A-43FB-8D72-04F9180DB9A4.jpg (180.2 KB, 0 views)
TheCricketer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:11 PM   #23
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

That's what's supposed to come off. What's the problem with it?
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:46 PM   #24
TheCricketer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
That's what's supposed to come off. What's the problem with it?
Just want to install the new spring.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:44 AM   #25
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

The front cover comes off using a three-bolt puller. That will allow you to access the spring.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:17 PM   #26
TheCricketer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
The front cover comes off using a three-bolt puller. That will allow you to access the spring.
Of course it needs a different puller (that I dont have)! Don't know why I'd expect any different! Any alternatives to acquiring the new puller?

UGH!
Old 11-15-2017, 12:51 PM   #27
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Here's what you need. $14.00 at Harbor Freight:

https://www.harborfreight.com/bolt-t...set-62620.html
Old 11-15-2017, 01:04 PM   #28
TheCricketer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Here's what you need. $14.00 at Harbor Freight:

https://www.harborfreight.com/bolt-t...set-62620.html
You, sir, have made my millennium! There is one of those right down the road. Is it self explanatory? I assume that I can do it with the clutch already removed, etc. Correct? Mind giving me a quick bit of instructions? I owe you a beer!
Old 11-15-2017, 02:10 PM   #29
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Just lay the clutch down on your workbench and secure it as best you can. Find three bolts in the kit that match the three threaded holes (the ones that have the red plugs in them) that surround the center hole of the clutch. Put those three bolts down through the main hub of the puller and assure that the puller hub is level. Then thread the largest bolt in the kit (the one with the removable pointed tip) down through the center of the puller hub until it rests on the middle shaft of the clutch (what the main clutch bolt threads into) and crank it down until the outer cover pops off the shaft. If you can't secure it on the bench, you may try putting it on the floor and holding it with your feet or have someone else hold it for you.

Here's what it should basically look like when set up. I recently used my three-bolt puller to remove a driven clutch (pictured below). I'd recommend using an air impact gun but I know you don't have air tools:

Old 11-15-2017, 02:24 PM   #30
TheCricketer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Just lay the clutch down on your workbench and secure it as best you can. Find three bolts in the kit that match the three threaded holes (the ones that have the red plugs in them) that surround the center hole of the clutch. Put those three bolts down through the main hub of the puller and assure that the puller hub is level. Then thread the largest bolt in the kit (the one with the removable pointed tip) down through the center of the puller hub until it rests on the middle shaft of the clutch (what the main clutch bolt threads into) and crank it down until the outer cover pops off the shaft. If you can't secure it on the bench, you may try putting it on the floor and holding it with your feet or have someone else hold it for you.

Here's what it should basically look like when set up. I recently used my three-bolt puller to remove a driven clutch (pictured below). I'd recommend using an air impact gun but I know you don't have air tools:

Last stupid question for now. The way the clutch was sitting in my picture. I’m going from the upright part, correct? Not the flywheel side.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car