lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2018, 07:55 AM   #11
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: '94 Carryall motor won't engage

If you spray starter fluid in carb and it didn't do anything I'd bet you have no spark
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2018, 08:20 AM   #12
6eight
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
If you spray starter fluid in carb and it didn't do anything I'd bet you have no spark
That's what I'm starting to assume, but will check this afternoon. I just downloaded the parts manual for the 94 carryall and started looking at the electrical system. If I'm not getting a spark what is the best place to start diagnosing the problem. I replaced the plug last summer. I'm going to pull the battery and have it tested. When i hook it up to my charger it doesn't seem to have any issues, but then again I'm not sure how long the battery has been in the cart. It's housed under the air filter compartment so I have to do a bit of disassembly to get to it.
6eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:26 AM   #13
6eight
Not Yet Wild

I still need to check for a spark, but at this point I'm shifting my focus. I've been researching how to use the multi-meter to test for continuity. I'm hoping to start running through the components this evening once I check for a spark. My plan is to start with volts from the battery (even though I would assume if the battery was bad it wouldn't even try to start), and then move to starter, solenoid, switches, etc. Hopefully this will give me some insight into the issue. I've read a few posts about checking the ground wires and making sure they have a clean connection so that will be on the list as well. Are there any switches in the dash that could cause the issue that I need to look at. I'm assuming the fuse is good because the back-up buzzer is working.

I have also noticed when I press the pedal there is sometimes a delay before there is a click and the engine cranks. When the pedal is pressed to the floor you can hear a noise (hard to describe) during the delay before the engine starts to crank. Sometimes if you release the pedal just a bit after pushing it to the floor it will speed up the process of cranking the engine.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:15 PM   #14
6eight
Not Yet Wild

It's got a spark. I removed the fuel line from the fuel filter on the line going to the carburetor and stepped on the pedal. Nothing came out. Its dry as a bone. Other then the fuel pump is there something else that could be hindering fuel flow? I'm not sure how the system creates the vacuum to pull the fuel, but thought that might be something to look at as well. I'm still going to test the switches due to the delayed cranking when the pedal is depressed, but that doesn't seem to be the main issue.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:39 PM   #15
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Check pickup tube in the tank and blow air through hose from pump to crank case to make sure it's not full of junk
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:40 PM   #16
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Replace ALL of the fuel lines. See if it gets fuel. Yes you must have a good fully charged battery.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:41 PM   #17
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
Check pickup tube in the tank and blow through hose from pump to crank case to make sure it's not full of junk
Old 03-27-2018, 08:55 AM   #18
dianna.zurbrigge
Not Yet Wild

Did you turn it over when u had fuel line disconnected? It will still pump fuel out unless the fuel pump isnt working or filter is clogged. Fuel pump on ebay around 10 dollars. Filters any where run around 3 I keep extra on hand because mine is a farm vehicle hay can get in there easily. Neighbors call my CarryAll my cabana boy nicknamed Roberto. Lol

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk
dianna.zurbrigge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:07 PM   #19
6eight
Not Yet Wild

Pulled all the lines today. Everything seems clear. Also checked pick up line in the tank and it was clear. New Fuel pump and carb arrive tomorrow. Going to replace all hoses as well. They are pretty worn out and brittle. Hopefully replacing everything will get this thing running like new again....or just running like it did last week!
Old 03-28-2018, 12:12 AM   #20
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6eight View Post
Pulled all the lines today. Everything seems clear. Also checked pick up line in the tank and it was clear. New Fuel pump and carb arrive tomorrow. Going to replace all hoses as well. They are pretty worn out and brittle. Hopefully replacing everything will get this thing running like new again....or just running like it did last week!
A hole in the pulse line will cause pump to not work.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car