lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
Yt Trash
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default New guy got her running today...

Hey all like I said in my intro tread my son and I brought home a 1990 Marathon the other night. It had been sitting in a friends yard for a few years. It came with a brand new uninstalled fuel pump and carb. Well I got home with some daylight left today and after an hour or so of tinkering we have a runner. My little guy is stoked, and I have to admit so am I. I am very new to this so I am sorry for the dumb questions that are sure to follow. The cart originally had an oil tank but that is gone so I mixed up some new fuel @ 32/1 like I have always ran in our dirt bikes... am I close? It runs like a raped ape to me but I know that may not be a good thing. I got a speedometer app on my phone that uses a GPS signal seemed pretty accurate it said we maxed out at 19 mph. What are some sites I can find some cosmetic parts on. We need some lights too the heads work but are cracked, HID maybe, good used works too. I think once we get the motor working right we would like to lift it and get some off road tires so we can tool around the woods. Any and all suggestions are always welcome, Thanks in advance
Yt Trash is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New guy got her running today...

Great job, and welcome to the forum!

Your 2PG engine should be run at 128:1 (yep - I know that sounds awfully lean but that's factory specs - anything too heavy, which 32:1 certainly is for these will cause poor running, can gum up your muffler, all kinds of bad stuff)

The forum sponsors are great sources for cosmetic (and performance) parts, lift kits are relatively inexpensive (when the time comes PM me and I'll send you a link to where I bought my 5" kit for under $80 shipped, made in USA, solid as a rock and has been beaten to death for over a year and is holding up as the day I installed it). As to speed, 19 with stock tires is at the frayed edge of sanity - I'm assuming the governor has been disabled if you're getting that speed so be CAREFUL (especially on hills, etc) if you want that little 2PG to last (a universal tach will run you about $15 on Ebay, it's a great investment to help you keep it under factory redline which is 5k).
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:34 PM   #3
Yt Trash
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info BrewCity.

Okay so where is the governor located so I can see if I have it hooked up or not? Im in Florida and the only hills we have here are called speed bumps.LOL I will deff look into a tach though. 128:1 That is way lean but I will take your word for it. What is that an eye dropper full per gallon? Why does the rear end of mine look so different from everyone elses? I just scanned the whole 83 pages of the old school Marathon member thread and did not see any like mine. I will have to figure out how to post some photos.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:55 AM   #4
racin161
Gone Wild

Easy mix is 1oz per gallon and it works. No smoke and runs great.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:12 PM   #5
Yt Trash
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

BrewCity what size rim tire set up are you running? Where did you pick them up from?
Old 08-10-2011, 08:55 AM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

The rims are factory stock 8's (which your cart already has), I bought a set of 4-ply 22X11-8 Chen Shin "Lumberjacks" on clearance from Denniskirk.com for $120 (a killer deal - they always have oddball and discontinued tires available so you'll have to do some browsing or give them a call but you can usually find a smokin' deal through them as they carry a TON of compatible ATV stuff) - the lift is a 5" block-style and the wheel spacers are 2" (4" per axle) both from ATV_Expert on Ebay (his lift kits are a great price, built far better than most of the low $ imported kits you'll find at most cart places and his spacers are also very high quality and will save you around 50% over the soft aluminum ones that you see everywhere) ...

The lift kit (front and rear) ran me around $60-ish, and the spacers were around $10 a wheel - net result was a nice complete 5" lift and spacer kit with heavy-duty 4-ply 22's for right around $260, landed at my door (and about 2-3hrs total getting it all installed, mounted, and dialed in)
Old 08-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #7
olsoneer
Not Yet Wild

Hey brewcity, I am another new guy, and read you're post and am interested in lift information also. I have a 2003 TXT I just got for free and am having a rebuilt 295 engine installed now. I decided not to order online due to shippinng core expenses and doubt the engine would pass core inspection as its been rebuilt twice. I instead am using a local part place to just do it all. That having been said, not a lot left in budget for lifting. I have access to free 22 inch tires and steel wheels, but need a lift and spacers that won't break the bank. Can you elaborate on what I need specifically ? Best prive I've found is trademark carts for $190 shipped for 5 inch lift, but I like you're route better. Any help would be greatly appreciated
olsoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:32 AM   #8
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

search Ebay for a seller named "ATV_EXPERT" - he sells some really high quality block kits for around $60 (although you'll have to check to make sure he has them for your specific cart), also his 2.5" wheel spacers (they're listed as 5" because that's the net spacing gain per axle if you use one on each side) for $20.99/axle are very high quality and if I could describe the punishment I have put mine through in the last year there are guys here who would come to my house, beat me senseless, and take my cart away :)
Old 08-15-2011, 07:59 AM   #9
olsoneer
Not Yet Wild

search yielded no results for ATV_EXPERT on ebay, maybe he abandoned his ebay store, thanks anyway though
olsoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:51 AM   #10
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

keep searching on ebay. found mine for about $80 shipped from a guy in michigan. they made here and of good quality. it was a 5" lift.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO