lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2011, 08:37 AM   #21
capt4903
Getting Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Default Re: Lift Kits

mark "night",
i pressed the the stock shock bushings out using two sockets and a "c" clamp...they slid right into the new shock upper eyes.....still need to get the longer shocks for the front of mine.....

chuck "hardatwork",
i purchased tire/wheel set from site sponser, east coast custom carts....they have packages and give 5% dicount to bgw members.....wheels are 10" x 7" rhox polished indys.....tires are 22" all trails......i assumed they were 4 ply, but turned out to be 2 ply tires.....they will still work for what little usage i'll have with my cart....basically an on-road campground buggy.....

btw, im located near n.e. 14th. & i-80...behind goode greenhouse....
capt4903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #22
Night
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
i pressed the the stock shock bushings out using two sockets and a "c" clamp
Back in the day I used to carry a 12" c-clamp for the u-joints on my 72 Dodge power wagon 4x4. I could change them out in less than 20 minutes ;)
Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:47 AM   #23
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt4903 View Post
chuck "hardatwork",
i purchased tire/wheel set from site sponser, east coast custom carts....they have packages and give 5% dicount to bgw members.....wheels are 10" x 7" rhox polished indys.....tires are 22" all trails......i assumed they were 4 ply, but turned out to be 2 ply tires.....they will still work for what little usage i'll have with my cart....basically an on-road campground buggy.........
Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents, with the shorter sidewalls that 10's have, it's a lesser issue than with big tires on 8" rims (like my cart with 22X11-8's) but it's definitely a good idea to try and stick with 4 or even 6 ply tires to cut down on sidewall flex - the difference is VERY noticeable, especially when cornering or at higher speeds (the 2-ply's tend to sway and "wander" a bit more than the heavier tires, especially if your front end is worn or set up less-than-perfect)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:08 PM   #24
Night
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well I got the kit and shocks installed. But the shocks are REAL close to the lift blocks. And the ride is real stiff. Is this normal?

Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0119.jpg (203.1 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by Night; 09-10-2011 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: insert pic
Old 09-11-2011, 09:10 AM   #25
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

new shocks will definitely stiffen the ride at first (give them time to break in) and yes, the shocks DO end up really REALLY close to the lift blocks, but given the geometry of the front end they shouldn't actually make contact, in fact under heavy load the clearance will actually increase
Old 09-11-2011, 10:20 AM   #26
Night
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good. I was thinking I would have to cut the shock mounts and move them closer to the wheels.

Thank you my ride is getting better ;)
Mark
Old 09-12-2011, 02:44 AM   #27
Wrightzone
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I put a 4in lift in the front and added Monroe shocks and the lift is gashing the shocks looks as if soon they will rip wide open the shackles to be used with old shocks or oem shocks is for this reason i think i will relocate the shocks and use a coilover this time will post pics when i get it done.
Wrightzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #28
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Wright, I haven't tried the Monroes with a 4" lift (only a 5) but just based on the geometry, chances are they would be a bit closer and a lot more likely to rub than with the 5" kits -keep us posted with pics on the progress though and let us know which coilovers you end up using
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO