lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2011, 04:23 AM   #1
Outlaw4272
Not Yet Wild

Default 1991 ezgo 2 stroke wanna customize

Hey guys, im new to the forum my name is ryan. I have a few questions actually alot of questions haha. Here it goes I bought a 1991 ezgo with a 2 stroke engine for $200. The engine doesn't run so I put a new fuel filter on cleaned the carb because jet was stuck checked the reeds and did a compression check it has 130 psi fuel in bowl but, it will only fire on ether. So I just said screw it and gonna do a full custom. 1st is this cart worth putting a four stroke engine in and lift kit on? I also bought a 2007 ezgo body for $50.00 and gonna fabricate it on. 2nd what's a good engine to fab on and what am I looking for and where to find them? do and donts? Looking for 15 to 25hp. Next what clutch and rearend will work? I own a machining, fabricating and powder coating shop so im pretty mechanical this cart will be used to pull my drag car around in the pits and usual cruising. I know I could of bought one running but what's the fun in that and wanna have a custom cart that's mine! Thanks for any help sry for the all the questions Ryan
Outlaw4272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1991 ezgo 2 stroke wanna customize

go here for good price on rear axles https://www.surpluscenter.com/home.asp.
all depends om your pocket book on an engine. V-twins are popular and there are kits available, the big Chinese clones are another option, Anything outside the stock 2 stroke will take a rear axle change. Go the big block section for ideas
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
Outlaw4272
Not Yet Wild

Ok thank you very much for the info, ill look into it.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:40 PM   #4
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, if you don't want to give up on the original 2-stroke, and if the cart has been sitting for some time, it could just have a fuel supply issue. This can be as simple as an additional carb clean or a new vacuum hose to the crankcase, or could be as painful as replacing the crank seals.

One thing about the 2-strokes is they are dependable, cheap to fix, and have more top end zip than the 4-strokes.

That you mention you have a drag car suggests to me that money may be no object anyways....

And if you want to get to the 15-25 HP range, you won't be able to do that with the 2-stroke.

Regardless, have fun with your project - wish I had a fab shop.
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:31 AM   #5
Outlaw4272
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply so the 2 stroke engines aren't that bad then? Its not bad im a machinist by trade, im only 28 but been in a machine shop since I was 12 that my grandpas friend owned and started buying equipment at 18 and opened it up at 21 and still going my original equipment was stuff from the 30's 40's and 50's so it wasn't like my parents had money it was junk that I fixed to make money on now have a couple cnc's and my old iron worker haha

Tags
customize, engine upgrades
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO