lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
Ohiostatefan
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Whichh EZ GO model is best for me?

Considering an EZ Go as my next cart (currently have a Gas DS CC 2000+)

Here's my usage/need:
I need a 4 seater that I can use on the street and lightly off road...when I say off road its still flat and minimal hills etc...no mud or anything like that...really 98% on road use.

I'm really looking for a good speed, but nothing stupid like 35 or 40mph....I'd likely be ok with 25-30mph.

Cost: I don't want to spend 7k on a cart....I'd probably be ok with 4-5k, but even then the cheaper the better....

What are the models I should consider? Marathon, Medalist, TXT or RXV....

I'm totally new to EZ Go....so hit me with the pro's and con's!

Ohiostatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #2
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Whichh EZ GO model is best for me?

marathons are 20-25 year old carts, so you probably won't want to go that way.
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

The RXV is a nice cart, and with a gas one you don't have to worry about the reliability with the electric's AC drive, shown here:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...complaint.html
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...oblem-iii.html
You can definitely get one at the price you want, probably lower, but the only problem is trying to find one, as there aren't allot out there. The TXT is a great car also, and will cost you less than what you want to spend, and it meets your requirements. If your willing to spend that much:
1. Don't bother with the older carts, the newer ones are well in your reach
2. Go to a dealer. They can get you exactly what you want, any parts they use will be high quality, and you won't have any reliability issues.
Let us know what you do, you'll have plenty left over for upgrades
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:14 AM   #4
barney1golf
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I live on a golf course and use mine on relatively flat ground. I found a dealer that had some refurbished TXTs. Being refurbished I was told, in late 09 EZGO had something like 75,000 electric carts nation wide coming back into dealers off of lease to golf courses. Dealers not knowing what to do with used electric carts, the factory took them back and completely stripped them down. Kept the frame and front axle, blasted them and sent them back through the plant. Replacing everything else that it would take to put in 2010 gas drive train. All other parts,hubs, brakes, etc., were peplaced as well. The dealer I went to had raised the cart 2" and installed some 10" tires and wheels and had them priced 4995.00. That also came with the 2 year factory warranty. I guess in late 09 or 10 EZGO stared using a high speed rearend for better ground speed. And I can tell you from trading in a Club Car to this thing is night and day. The EZGO running down the fairway when I am playing golf sounds like it is idling. Not many rpm's at all. Now I have adjusted the throttle cable and governor to increase the speed so I can beat everybody else to the bar when we get done golfing. This cart really fits my needs well. The dealer has a web site called Pit-Pro Custom Carts. They are based just outside of Indy and are located real close to Lucas Raceway Park where the US Nationals are. They cater to the race teams and mod up the carts for them. They can do anything you want with a cart and ship world wide.
barney1golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO