lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #11
pipersis1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZ GO 4 stroke ehc 29 295 cc 9 hp engine

read the 29 ohms on the pulse coil not the ignition coil sorry.. its got a new coil on it and wires and plugs.
pipersis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2011, 06:39 PM   #12
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Well I am not really a four stroke cart guy but I have worked on them and have been following this thread and here comes my $0.02

It seems to me that this not sparking one one cylinder business is a red herring. The evidence for that is that you say that it runs reasonably well once it is running. Now I have worked on these engines and they do not run at all reasonably on one cylinder.

There is one pick up coil (pulsar) so if a plug is firing the pulsar is working. The resistance that is being bandied about for the pulsar coil is 75 - 140 ohms and that is correct for the 2 stroke but I have measured two (one new) pulsars for the four stroke and in both cases I got ~ 20 ohms. In addition the pulsar bolts to the crankcase and there is no provision to adjust the ignition timing, so don't sweat that.

You state that it runs once it is running so we can assume that the pump is doing its thing. Could the fuel filter be partially blocked? That would restrict fuel flow and give you a lean mixture that would require an inordinate amount of choke. Failing that how about an air leak on the inlet manifold. If you tighten the bolts and nothing changes then I would guess that you have a dirty carburetor. The only way to remedy that is to take it down to the last nut, bolt, jet and nozzle. I only mention that because some guys are under the impression that squirting cleaner into the air intake is that same as cleaning a carburator and it is most assuredly not.

That said it might be interesting to shoot some EZ Start into the air intake and crank it. If it starts and runs nicely (albeit briefly) that would again point to a dirty carburetor.

Good luck

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #13
rmarcusy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

since it fires both plugs at the same time,, the elect will go the easyest ground and spark,,, if one plug/wire has less resistence than the other it will spark there.
rmarcusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:22 PM   #14
ThatguY
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What not a better time to big block it:)
ThatguY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #15
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarcusy View Post
since it fires both plugs at the same time,, the elect will go the easyest ground and spark,,, if one plug/wire has less resistence than the other it will spark there.
Agreed, but my point is that if one one plug is firing then the cart will hardly run and yet the o/p states that it runs "seemingly OK", ergo I suspect both plugs are firing.

Dave

Last edited by Dave Box; 11-23-2011 at 09:01 PM.. Reason: .
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:02 AM   #16
pipersis1
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: EZ GO 4 stroke ehc 29 295 cc 9 hp engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
Well I am not really a four stroke cart guy but I have worked on them and have been following this thread and here comes my $0.02

It seems to me that this not sparking one one cylinder business is a red herring. The evidence for that is that you say that it runs reasonably well once it is running. Now I have worked on these engines and they do not run at all reasonably on one cylinder.

There is one pick up coil (pulsar) so if a plug is firing the pulsar is working. The resistance that is being bandied about for the pulsar coil is 75 - 140 ohms and that is correct for the 2 stroke but I have measured two (one new) pulsars for the four stroke and in both cases I got ~ 20 ohms. In addition the pulsar bolts to the crankcase and there is no provision to adjust the ignition timing, so don't sweat that.

You state that it runs once it is running so we can assume that the pump is doing its thing. Could the fuel filter be partially blocked? That would restrict fuel flow and give you a lean mixture that would require an inordinate amount of choke. Failing that how about an air leak on the inlet manifold. If you tighten the bolts and nothing changes then I would guess that you have a dirty carburetor. The only way to remedy that is to take it down to the last nut, bolt, jet and nozzle. I only mention that because some guys are under the impression that squirting cleaner into the air intake is that same as cleaning a carburator and it is most assuredly not.

That said it might be interesting to shoot some EZ Start into the air intake and crank it. If it starts and runs nicely (albeit briefly) that would again point to a dirty carburetor.

Good luck

Dave
the the Carb is new and the fuel filter is new..
im just as puzzled as everyone else.
when refering to timiming im sugesting the belt end on the cam shaft. i found some articles showing proper aligment marks so ill remove the cover on the drivers side of the engine an inspect these on the pictures it looked as if the was a guide / tensioner assembly to maintain tension on this belt..
i have seen many similiar set ups on old cars that still had a timing belt before the industry went to timing chains.

the puzzling part is everything seems to check out but it still has a running problem..
problem something little i have overlooked.!!
pipersis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:12 PM   #17
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

If you are running on one cylinder like you say, you still have a bad coil/igniter/ground issue somewhere. My suggestion would be to find a running cart, if possible, and install your new coil on the running cart to see if the problem is consistent. At least this would rule out your coil. You could then move on to the igniter. Don't know of any way to test the igniter so a donor might be your only option. Check out the wiring diagram on the tech link for your cart. The pulsar feeds into the igniter and in turn it feeds out to the coil. This may be your culprit. Anyway, I hope you find it and when you do let us know.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no spark to plug
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO