lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
iron and steel
Not Yet Wild

Default 2pg crank seals and berings

pulled the motor to install new crank seals and berings . i cant get the two haves of the block apart . what am i missing ? it seperates about an inch and then seems to get hung up????????????????? anlo does anyone know of a thread tht talks about the complete overhaul . did the top end last year and my dumb a@@ didnt due the crank ..... i know stupid ........ lesson lerned .. help me
iron and steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
1lane66
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2pg crank seals and berings

Iron go to your private message board you'll find the post for pdf on your cart Donald
1lane66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
iron and steel
Not Yet Wild

it says at the top of page h16 to remove the puler plate ? im assuming thats the plate under the fan how does this come off . does it press off
Old 12-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
iron and steel
Not Yet Wild

my camrea is at the shop othe wise i would post a pic
Old 12-11-2011, 01:09 AM   #5
racin161
Gone Wild

If your talking about the pulsar plate it is secured by 2 small screws centered in the slots of the plate. Yes it is under the flywheel and the flywheel has to be removed. BE sure to mark the location of the plate before removing it as this is your timing for the pulsar ie engine timing. K
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:47 AM   #6
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron and steel View Post
it says at the top of page h16 to remove the puler plate ? im assuming thats the plate under the fan how does this come off . does it press off
You need to remove the large nut that holds it to the crankshaft. There are two dome headed screws on the flywheel that are simply there to protect the threads, so remove those. Now with a two arm steering wheel puller and some long M6 bolts you can pull the flywheel off.

However;
The puller will in all probability destroy the end of the crankshaft. This is not an issue unless you are still using the oil pump. In any case you can slip a 1/2 inch (13mm) socket over the end as a sacrifice piece.
The flywheel is probably a very tight fit so you should be liberal with the liquid wrench and then tighten the puller giving the top of the puller the occassional sharp tap with a mallet to shock it off.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:11 AM   #7
iron and steel
Not Yet Wild

the berings and seals are installed . thanks for the info should i replace the pulser thing . i post some pics ..
Old 12-12-2011, 07:26 AM   #8
racin161
Gone Wild

No just clean everything and be sure to center the plate with the screws or original position and your good to go. Did you use a bit of lock tight on the seals when installing them? lock tight blue on the outside! will keep them from popping out.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #9
iron and steel
Not Yet Wild

no no lock tight
Old 12-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #10
iron and steel
Not Yet Wild

omfg i just realized that i may have installed the piston wrong to clearify the hole in the skirt faces the carb not the exaust help me dave box
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO