lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #11
thriceaddict
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Voltage drop at the solinoid

What is the f/r switch (I'm assuming forword/reverse switch)? How do I spray compressed air in it? Do you mean on top and around it to clean it? Also, My voltage is droping at the solenoid...do you still think it could be the switch?
thriceaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #12
racin161
Gone Wild

YEP with the seat off move the F/R switch on the other side notice the wipers moving the mechanical parts spray in there while moving it back and fourth after a bit blow it out with compressed air. You may have to do this 2-3 times. The contacts get dirty or corroded which can effect the solenoid operation. K
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:06 AM   #13
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Ok, I am reassembling an (my) old 98 800 g Workhorse for my neighbor as a gift sort of..

Anyway, put everything back together just like the book, I have an extra solenoid, ignitor, voltage reg. and starter..and extra lots of stuff.

So I go exactly by the book, and it starts and I have fire, and all that.

Then , it just stops. I have a good mini switch, (meaning it tests out) and a good starter, the reverse buzzer works, but when I put the press the pedal down to activate the circuit to the solenoid and starter, the test light at the reverse switch goes out..

So, after testing and testing and trying and trying... I give up, and run a toggle switch from the hot battery side to the solenoid leg that completes the battery circuit *D* on the schematic I think, and now I have a working switch, and if my neighbor wants the pedal to work, he can start an account at BGW and ask questions.. LOL
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO