lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
bambam1976
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Any body know how to test the clutchs.

Does anybody know of a way to test the clutchs. I have gotten the cart to run pretty well but I think there may be something wrong with one of the clutchs. I was trying to to go up a hill that I know I have made before with a buddies cart and it just stopped. Does anybody know how to rebuild one. I found a website and part numbers for the pads that engage the clutch and it seems that this is the main cause of failure. There is a guy with a website called WWW.krisdillion.com/buggy that rebuilds it and puts a different spring in it for better low end torque. I need to know if the clutch is bad or not.
bambam1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #2
Night
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Any body know how to test the clutchs.

Quote:
There is a guy with a website called WWW.krisdillion.com/buggy that rebuilds it and puts a different spring in it for better low end torque
Don't look like his site is up :(

Mark
Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
bambam1976
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Try to google kris dillion and it comes up I must have it wrong in the hyper. Its preety cool and says he will do it for you for $50 plus shipping.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

What model Ez-Go are you running?I have a $1.50 trick for the clutches on the 2PG 2-stroke clutches.It works awesome and takes less than 15 minutes to do on the cart.Let me know if this is what you are working on.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #5
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not trying to jack the thread but I'm interested in your clutch trick. I have a 79 marathon with a sloppy clutch. Rebuilt it with a new bushing and ramp shoes and its still wore out. Don't know if it will work for that?
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #6
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

If the bushings are worn,or the internals are sloppy,its' not worth trying to do anything else until they are fixed,they cause the clutch to bind instead of slide evenly.When everything is in working-order,if you have a Factory-Clutch with 3 bolts holding the cover on,remove the cover,add a 3/16" thick 1-1/8" I.D. washer under the spring.The difference is nite/day especially if you have added 22" tires.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #7
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah I thought it wouldn't work with a worn out clutch. When I get a new or good used one I will definitly do that mod. This is my first cart and still learning a lot from this site. Thanks.
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #8
bambam1976
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

sorry I didnt put that in. I have a 89 or 90 EZ Go GXT 800 2 stroke 244cc robins. Is the spring in the drive clutch or the driven.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO