lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2013, 07:27 AM   #11
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G16 2" lift???

The only problem I see with the Shock-Extenders,is that there is nothing to hold them in place,they can flip over and allow the cart to drop.Just tightening the bolt isn't always safe.We had lowering blocks on Honda 750s' years ago,and they moved the shocks back and down to lower them.The problem was that when you lifted the bike up on a stand,sometimes even the kick-stand,they would pivot and everything moved.I would either weld a stop of some sort on to keep them in position,or tack-weld them to the cart,just for a little extra safety.The setup looks good,but you don't want anyone getting hurt either.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #12
Snoking
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
The only problem I see with the Shock-Extenders,is that there is nothing to hold them in place,they can flip over and allow the cart to drop.Just tightening the bolt isn't always safe.We had lowering blocks on Honda 750s' years ago,and they moved the shocks back and down to lower them.The problem was that when you lifted the bike up on a stand,sometimes even the kick-stand,they would pivot and everything moved.I would either weld a stop of some sort on to keep them in position,or tack-weld them to the cart,just for a little extra safety.The setup looks good,but you don't want anyone getting hurt either.
The extenders were bottomed on the axle and a-frames, then marked and drilled. They also have wide bases. Not the best. I will redo the fronts to the top when I bring it home in the falll. On the rear the axle bracket surrounds the extender on three sides. Those also could be moved to the top and a gold post bar added. They are two inches wide and surrounded on 4 of 6 sides.

And yes I could tact weld them. The oem brackets on the a-frames are not very robust, however the rears are. Chris
Snoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #13
Snoking
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I removed the front shock extenders and made new mounts for the top of the shocks and bolted them to the frame. There is a carriage bolt behind the top of the shock that is not visible in the picture. These were cut out of a piece of 2" square tubing I had in the junk drawer. Chris

Snoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #14
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Looks good!Clean and simple.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha