lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2014, 11:35 AM   #1
Oracle of Ferndale
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G1 transmission "anatomy": CAP 2, JOINT PIPE and attached hoses

I've owned a 1980 Yamaha G1 for a year or so. It has struggled lately. I want to understand what each of the hoses does because some appear to be missing or damaged.

Last time my G1 ran, it smoked some from the rear as if the transmission was overheating.

There is a part on the left side of the transmission called "CAP 2" (Part Number: JN3-47559-00-00) in the parts diagram. I am uploading a picture from my cart. There is a busted-looking "hose to nowhere" hanging from this cap. In CVANS post about "Installing a G2 differential into a G1" it looks like the CAP 2 has a hose going somewhere. Where does it go? What does it do?

I also don't understand why there is a hose from the oil reservoir to the right side of the transmission (PIPE, JOINT Part Number: 8E4-24461-00-00) See uploaded picture. What's that for? I want to disconnect the oil system and premix the fuel, but don't want to screw up the transmission.

Thanks for indulging a G1 newbie. Is there a manual that explains this sort of thing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Transmission Cap.JPG (113.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Transmission oil hose.JPG (134.3 KB, 0 views)
Oracle of Ferndale is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2014, 12:08 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 transmission "anatomy": CAP 2, JOINT PIPE and attached hoses

The dangling down tube is a vent for the trans-axle.
Where does the other tube terminate? is it a vent to the top of the oil tank?
Sorry but I have never worked on a G1.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:43 PM   #3
Oracle of Ferndale
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Are you saying that the "tube to nowhere" is just a vent so it does not need to attach anywhere?

Yes. The tube from the right side goes to the top of the oil tank. What purpose does it serve? If I detach the oil tank, do I need do anything with this connection?

Thanks!
Oracle of Ferndale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:09 AM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My guess is it serves to keep the injection tank from pulling air from the raw atmosphere.
I would just plug it if you are not going to use the oil injection.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cap 2, hoses, transmission, yamaha g1 gas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha