lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #1
funinmud
Not Yet Wild

Default Opinion on issues running G9

Still a new cart to me, I use it mostly at the drag race track as a pit vehicle. Couple weekends ago it ran fine for about a day and a half. Then it had issues and to get it back required pulling the choke out. When it first happened I pulled the plug and checked for spark, there was spark but am not sure if it was strong or weak?

Last week I pulled the tank and changed the filter. It was prob over due for a change. Cleaned tank and filled with new gas.

Had it out again this week and same problem happened.

Finally today I pulled the carb and found it to be in need of a cleaning. Kind of wondering if maybe it runs fine for me around home but after a couple days of running the crud gets picked up into the jet or something. Especially as originally running the choke helped.

So this week I plan to pull the carb apart and give it a good cleaning.

My question is in your opinion does the issue sound fuel related or should I consider getting some ignition parts too? Anyone have a source for what i'd need? Coil and ignitor I guess.

Next race weekend is in a few weeks so would like to have it fixed up by then.

Thanks and sorry so long just wanted to give all the info while seeking opinions.
funinmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Opinion on issues running G9

Get your self a "dynamic spark tester" and you can watch if you lose spark without possible damaging the ignitor. Also, try running the car with the air box hose disconnected at the carb. If the air box's on G2/G9/G8's aren't sealed just right, the car's a turd unles you choke it. Good luck!
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:52 PM   #3
Dflowe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Opinion on issues running G9

It sounds to me like you carburetor has a clog somewhere. Having to pull the choke to get it to run is an indicator of a lean condition that's probably caused by a clog. You have to clean all the jets carefully as to not enlarge them while cleaning. The gasoline with ethanol that is prevalent everywhere is terrible for carburetors and causes them to clog more quickly than years ago.

I wish you well on getting it fixed,
Dflowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha