lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2008, 08:28 PM   #11
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery cost?

Meaning you cannot compare a trojan $$$ to a sams or napa $$. Quality is a close comparison to price. I was simply stating that a cheaper battery doesn't compare with the expensive brands. I've been in the golf business for over 30 years - Trojan is the best. If you want to save a few bucks, then go with the Trojan T605's, rather than the T105's
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2008, 08:30 PM   #12
aarolar
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Meaning you cannot compare a trojan $$$ to a sams or napa $$. Quality is a close comparison to price. I was simply stating that a cheaper battery doesn't compare with the expensive brands. I've been in the golf business for over 30 years - Trojan is the best. If you want to save a few bucks, then go with the Trojan T605's, rather than the T105's
The biggest issure I have right now is I have no clue where I can get trojan batterys how much can I expect to pay for the t605's?
aarolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:33 PM   #13
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Any top notch golf cart shop will carry Trojans. Just call your local golf course and ask them where they get theirs...

The 605's run about 7 to 8 bucks cheaper per battery than 105's
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

trogens are by far the best, that being said even with a cheaper set you can get the most out of them by treating them right.......1st off once you install them and put them on charge keep in mind even new batts come only 75 % or so charged so the 1st 10 to 12 charge/ discharge cycles leave the charger on till it shuts off on its own and don,t panic if it takes 16 hours or so and the cart seems slow cause it will..............your charge time will go down as batts, break in and when they are broke in you,ll notice it but you must leave the charger on till its done...........now after that comes maintence, keep an eye on water level if needed use distilled water only and fill to 1/8 inch or so over lead plates.............every 2 weeks or so check cables by pulling and tugging to make sure they are tight if you have those crappy wing nuts take them off and throw them away get regular hex head nuts............keep your cables and terminal nuts tight and ternminals clean very important..........if you do this there is no need for any type of battery protectant but if you want you can coat them in vasiline..........don,t leave your batteries run below 50% if you can help it just don,t make it a habit............get in the habit of doing this at least once a month but try for twice a month.........this should take you less than 1/2 hour each time but by doing so you,ll get the most out of them and you,ll get the years out of them i have seen it hundreds of times just like hundreds of times i have seen a lack of maintence kill a set of batteries in less than a year....................its a very small price to pay to get 100% out of your batteries...............so there you go very easy to break in and very easy to maintain but these 2 things are the most overlooked things on an electric cart and if your not gonna do it than you should buy a gas cart......................hope this helps a few people and if i have left anything out please feel free to add to it.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO