lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
clarkgrizwauld
Not Yet Wild

Default Golf cart trailer mesh floor sagging

I bought a 99 ezgo and the guy threw in a trailer however I noticed the floor of the trailer sagging whenever I pull the cart on to it. I am worried that the floor is going to give out. Would it help to add a piece of ply wood over the top of the mesh? Any ideas are appreciated. thanks!
clarkgrizwauld is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: Golf cart trailer mesh floor sagging

Anything that will spread the load (PSI) will help.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
slim67
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgrizwauld View Post
I bought a 99 ezgo and the guy threw in a trailer however I noticed the floor of the trailer sagging whenever I pull the cart on to it. I am worried that the floor is going to give out. Would it help to add a piece of ply wood over the top of the mesh? Any ideas are appreciated. thanks!
It probably will give out. Mine did,so I cut it all out and used treated 5-1/4 decking in its place. That expanded metal is always used it seems on the cheaper trailers.
slim67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:36 PM   #4
clarkgrizwauld
Not Yet Wild

I am not very mechanically inclined and I don't want to spend a lot of money on this trailer. What would be the cheapest, easiest fix?
clarkgrizwauld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

How far apart are the cross-members that support the floor?A lot of the lower-price trailers have minimal bracing and the result is sagging.With #9 mesh(3/4" diamonds about 3/16"thick) you can use a 2' spacing front to back,2'-3' side-side,(6x8 use 1 down the center)with good results.A sheet of 3/4" plywood over the mesh you have will work for a while,as long as you don't leave it in the weather(unless you buy exterior-grade and paint it well with oil-based paint.Or use Marine-Plywood(very expensive).We use the exterior grade 3/4 on our 6x8 trailer,soak it with rust-oleum,and get 3 or 4 years if we are lucky.I have a 8-1/2' x 20' Flat-bed trailer with #9 mesh deck,its' hauled everything you can imagine(even stuff you wouldn't!)I've had it since 99',The trailer is a 85' and its' in great-shape,sits outside year-round and gets abused.I would do the mesh again if i had to build new.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #6
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

There is no way that was designed for an electric cart, they are Heavy! Do what you have to to support the weight on the wheels and Be Happy!
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:30 PM   #7
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

I started out with a mesh floor trailer, but quickly changed it out for a longer, better built one. Must better feeling with the wooden floor.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:39 PM   #8
bud light
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Use at least 5 1/4 lumber. I would use 2x8 treated. Thats what I have and it works well.
bud light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #9
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

The 5/4 lumber flooring will work fine as long as the crossmembers are 24" apart or less.More than 24",you will need to add cross-members or go to 2x6 or 2x8 lumber.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #10
HGC2010
Gone Wild

I used perlin on one of the trailers I have. On the other I put 1/8 in plate in it. Replaced the wood floor twice and went to metal. You need a welder though.
HGC2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO