lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2020, 02:09 PM   #1
YamahaCRN35
Gone Wild

Default Efi fuel pressure

What’s the fuel pressure supposed to be? 2017 drive 2 quietech and pretty sure the pump is going out. Thanks
YamahaCRN35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2020, 02:15 PM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Efi fuel pressure

248 kPa plus or minus 14 is in range(2.48 kgf/cm2 plus or minus 14 is in range) or finally 36 psi plus or minus 2 is in range...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 02:48 PM   #3
YamahaCRN35
Gone Wild

Ok thanks. I figured it’d be between 35-45. This ones at 15...
YamahaCRN35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 02:54 PM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Oh I see...I'll also say that fuel pump going out is the most common issue I have had on these EFI carts...
Old 08-13-2020, 08:34 PM   #5
brian_tii
Not Yet Wild

What symptoms do you guys see when the pump is going bad?

I've got a 2019 with the Plowman's setup and 22 hours on it. It's just started sometimes having problems restarting after coming to a stop. You'll tip into the throttle engine will fire up normally for about half a second and then it's dead. Stop cranking, let it sit then try again... it may start, or may do the same thing (act like it's going to start then die). Once it starts it runs perfect. No red lights or anything. Sound like what you guys are seeing with fuel pumps? Mine in theory should still be under warranty, of course with a 6 inch lift and the Plowmans kit... who knows.
brian_tii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 06:47 AM   #6
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Should still be warranty I agree...But first thing to do is change out your spark plug and see if that makes a difference...you will be surprised how often this actually works...These carts are very picky when it comes to fuel and spark and sometimes a plug is all it really needs...another thing depending on which muffler you have, is the spark arrestor gets clogged and causes that exact same problem...simply removing and cleaning through it is easy and does not cost anything...finally if both those things are fine AND you determine Fuel pressure from pump is correct...I have run into injector being clogged and not putting enough fuel into throttle body...Just some suggestions..
Old 08-14-2020, 07:57 PM   #7
brian_tii
Not Yet Wild

Thank you. Talked to Don he thought fuel pump or coil and gave some advice for figuring out which it was. Given it’s only got 20 hours I figured talking to by dealer couldn’t hurt. I then called my dealer and they just came and grabbed it, said it sounds like a fuel pump. We’ll see what they find, I just hope they can reproduce it... or at least are willing to parts cannon a fuel pump at it.
Old 08-15-2020, 03:57 PM   #8
brian_tii
Not Yet Wild

Alright so my dealer thought they fixed it, though not sure what they did because I didn’t get to talk to them just their pickup / drop off guy. Great service from my dealer but still broke. I was able to get a video of it this time. I’ll be talking to my dealer again on Monday but I think we have entered the “that’s not a common Yamaha problem realm” grr...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_87nwZqccwg
Old 08-17-2020, 07:02 AM   #9
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yeah when it is failing it is throwing a fault code. Your dealer should be able to plug in a FI Diagnostic Tool and get whatever code it is throwing...keep us posted.
Old 08-26-2020, 03:21 PM   #10
brian_tii
Not Yet Wild

So they'd replaced the fuel pump the first time because they were able to reproduce the issue and said the fuel pump didn't sound good when it happened.

After really struggling to reproduce the issue after it went back the 2nd time they started looking at the gas and found a good bit of water in there. Guess it was sloshing just perfect and picking it up in my hilly neighborhood where as where my dealer is is fairly flat. Only thing I can guess is that I got a bad batch of gas from my local gas station. Technically it DID start happening after I installed the Plowmans kit <AND> refueled. Sure didn't seem like bad gas since it only happened to me when starting and didn't seem to sputter any other time. I feel like an idiot for putting my dealer through dealing with something silly like this, but they've been absolutely amazing and helpful the entire time. Supposed to get it back later today. Hopefully that did it.

I'm going to crawl back into my corner now like an idiot.

Thanks for all the input!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha