lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2020, 04:56 PM   #1
Tonyoldcart
Not Yet Wild

Default Newbie wanting to get it right

I have a 1994 Yamaha Gas JG5 312109. Want to be sure i have the correct model when asking questions. Am i wrong in thinking it's a G5? It has spun the crank bearing and can't find a machine shop near me to grind it so going to buy a new one but can't find the part number to be sure i order the correct one. Can someone lead me to the link to find the part number for the crankshaft?

Thanks, great site and easy to find my around but couldn't find the info i need
Tonyoldcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2020, 05:29 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Newbie wanting to get it right

JG5 is a G9a (I have one also). 3 different sized rod bearings exist (to allow the factory to make use of more castings). A new crank will have a colored paint dot on it to indicate which bearing to use. Usually cant identify the mark on old used cranks.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 05:37 PM   #3
Tonyoldcart
Not Yet Wild

So if i order a new crank do i just tell them i want bearings to fit? The roller bearings are good, it's just the crankshaft and connecting rod bearings that are chewed up. Sorry for the dumb question but i keep seeing the same part number show up for sale with widely varying prices but i don't know if that's the one to fit my cart. J38-11400-00
Old 08-25-2020, 03:47 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Tell "them"? Who's "them"? "They" go by part numbers you order (if they are a reputable yamaha parts dealer, not china "them"), not "just send me the stuff". Maybe talk to people who arent ebay or amazon, skip the clowns. I'd suggest Don plowman (www.plowmanscarts.com). We know he has the parts and "know how" to get what you need.

Not sure if you went straight to the clowns, but I am saying go straight to the pros.

Yep, skip us too, get the stuff straight from the guys who offer the stuff & know-how no one else even has. (& has in stock)

Or, download a service manual, look up the stuff, do it yourself. There is no "buy exactly this" answer, every crank was "one of three sizes". That's just how a rebuild goes on that engine. (No "well I wasnt doing a rebuild" comment needed).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 05:41 AM   #5
Tonyoldcart
Not Yet Wild

Well if i called or went online with plowmanscarts that would be "them". i'm planning on a total rebuild while i have it all apart and just wanted to be sure i had the right answer when i was asked questions about my cart and thought one of these sites could help.I'll check him out.thanks
Old 08-25-2020, 07:21 AM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Don Plowman will set you right. He doesn't play.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha