lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2021, 02:32 PM   #1
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Yamaha Drive2 front camber issues

So, I see a lot of references to G1, etc. I have no idea what I have relative to that. I have a Drive2 Quietech, 2020 model. The front tires are wearing horribly on the inside half on both sides. When I've taken it in for service, I'm told "some of them are just that way and there is no adjustment, so we'll just rotate your tires from back to front". Anyone had this issue and figured out a way to manage it without buying new tires twice as often as should be necessary? I know an A-arm lift kit would give me more adjustability but the wife is not a big fan of lifted carts, so she would prefer I not have to do that.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2021, 11:30 PM   #2
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Drive2 front camber issues

I elongated the top holes on the front struts so I could adjust the camber to 0 (vertical) and set my toe in to 1/8" in on the front. Mine tracks true even at speeds in excess of 30 mph and wears perfectly uniform. I also did this to a friends 2019 PTV and his drives perfectly and wears evenly also. I don't understand why Yamaha does this and it makes no sense. I understand that Plowmans Carts has developed an adjustable front strut to correct this will cost you quite a bit more. Elongating the holes will cost you nothing but labor.
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 05:52 AM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Yamaha Drive2 front camber issues

Villebacker, do you have pictures of your modification? I have seen this as well.
Might be helpful to others. thanks
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha