lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2021, 06:02 AM   #1
super jim
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default wheelie bars?

Wow this cart can pull! If I load any weight on the back or especially with 2 passengers on the back, this think will wheelie straight up skyward. So I want to build a wheelie bar(s). I have some ideas in the works but wanted to see if anyone else has done this.
super jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2021, 02:43 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: wheelie bars?

You can turn down the max amps or turn down the throttle rate and leave the max amps untouched. That'll limit your wheelies.

I turned down the throttle response rate and my cart is much more comfortable and no longer pulls wheelies.

But if you want to keep the wheelies why not just add a couple casters to the underside of the rear seat step? If you have a lift then you might need blocks under the casters.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 04:20 PM   #3
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

I broke the rear under body on my precedent from slaming the rear foot rest against the road. No passengers no extra weight lol. I too am looking for a wheelie bar of sorts. I want to add a shock to it with adjustable mounts so that I can set the pitch and also how quickly it loads.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 04:26 PM   #4
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

I thought about drawing up some easy to weld ladder bars that could be cut on a plasma cnc. The biggest issue I have found finding a good place/way to attach the upper links. Nothing on the precedent in the rear is solid enough in my opinion to take the load upward. Its all plastic. You would have to make a cross member that goes under the frame rails but doesn't get in the way of leaf springs and mounts.

Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 05:11 AM   #5
super jim
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: wheelie bars?

I like the fun of wheelies. In my earlier days of motorcycle riding I had a nickname, "the wheelie king". So I do want to do wheelies but limit the height and not damage the rear structure.

I'm working of a single wheelie bar made from a fiberglass leaf spring with a caster wheel on the end. I plan to attach it to the axle in the center with u-bolts. I'm thinking the curvature and the flexibility of the fiberglass spring will work well soften the upper limit of the wheelie and prevent the rear undercarriage from hitting the ground. I'll post some pictures if it works out.
Old 09-30-2021, 02:14 PM   #6
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm kind of guessing but it seems to me that u-bolts aren't going to be good enough to handle the leverage applied. Might have to fabricate some brackets to weld to the axle like pro racers do. Add some heim joints for adjustability.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 06:21 AM   #7
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkerle View Post
I thought about drawing up some easy to weld ladder bars that could be cut on a plasma cnc. The biggest issue I have found finding a good place/way to attach the upper links. Nothing on the precedent in the rear is solid enough in my opinion to take the load upward. Its all plastic. You would have to make a cross member that goes under the frame rails but doesn't get in the way of leaf springs and mounts.

I got one of these for the wifes cart and then made an extended receiver for the rear step. Get this and make a receiver with a ball on top and a caster on bottom.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35334153536...oAAOSwJB1f8zI0
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 08:01 PM   #8
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My buddy has a precedent. Just got it 2 years ago. In our annual Christmas parade I pull a float with my TXT that is 21 to 22' long and of that 16' is the bed of the trailer with as many as 16 people (usually less though). He pulled a 10' x 6' utility trailer with a couple people in it all decorated up. By the time we got home my TXT was fine and his precedent footrest was bent all to heck...

Just be careful of those trailer hitch receivers that bolt up onto the footrest. they look cool and are probably fine for a bike carrier, but I wouldn't trust one for a trailer. I fabricated my hitch receiver by welding to the large metal bar that runs underneath the bagwell as well as welding to the footrest and it's been a beast.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 09:51 PM   #9
super jim
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Got one made from a automotive fiberglass leaf spring I had on hand. Attached to axle with U bolts So far it's holding up fine. Angle can be adjusted via the u bolts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart 1.jpg (144.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cart 2.JPG (160.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cart 3.jpg (159.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!