lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2009, 05:36 PM   #11
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Engine runs then stops--will not restart

Hey guys, the one I use is from a Tanaka brand straight shaft line trimmer.
It is about the size of 4 quarters stacked and has one wire coming from it that connects to the coil and the mounting hole in the case has to grounded.
Echo and Stihl brands use external ignitors as well. I'll snap a picture of it.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2009, 09:27 PM   #12
fred93
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I found a new ignitor on ebay and I won it at $28 including shipping--I will let you all know if that takes care of the problem. I had the original ignitor that I replaced two years ago and I dissected it. It looks like the weak point is where the connector spade is attached to the print cicuit board. It was kinda burned up in that area--I guess that is what made it stop working.

FYI---when looking around ebay I ran across two people selling NEW starter/gen for the club cars for around 100 bucks. Any body have any feedback on these items???
fred93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:07 AM   #13
fred93
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have installed the ignitor that I purchased on ebay for $28 and that took care of the problem! I'm a happy camper!
fred93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Glad to hear that!
Thanks for letting us know.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #15
alntex
Not Yet Wild

fred 93, I have been having similar probs with my 92cc and I ran into the same issue with the shroud bolt under the muffler bracket. How did you ever get that one out? I have succeeded in getting is loosened , but the shroud still does not slide out (all other bolts removed successfully, even the one under the gen/starter bracket). Any help appreciated. Al
alntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #16
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by alntex View Post
fred 93, I have been having similar probs with my 92cc and I ran into the same issue with the shroud bolt under the muffler bracket. How did you ever get that one out? I have succeeded in getting is loosened , but the shroud still does not slide out (all other bolts removed successfully, even the one under the gen/starter bracket). Any help appreciated. Al
Hey Alntex, did you ever have any luck removing the bolt? I think the shroud has a slot for you to just slide it out with out removing the bolt.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #17
alntex
Not Yet Wild

Bonecracker, yes, I finally got the bolt out and the hole for that bolt was NOT slotted like the others. I was able to get the bolt out, but, only after loosening the bolts in the muffler bracket and prying the bracket to the rear to get enough clearance for the bolt to come out. (Needless to say, I did not put that bolt back in during subsequent troubleshooting. I think I saw in a post somewhere else that the CC engineers are probable still chuckling about that one.) After replacing the ignitor with an aftermarket part and a factory part, both of which ran good for a short time, the REAL culprit--intermittent coil-- finally showed up. I hate to admit it, but, I paid my local shop to replace the coil with a unit that has the ignitor integrated in the coil (the only way they would guarantee it) and my cc is now running fine. I now am the owner of a pair of ignitors that are probable perfectly good units. The should fit OHV buggies built prior to 1997. Al
alntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #18
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I ran into the same thing last summer on a 2000 CC only the local dealer here swore up and down that a coil either works or it don't and after about $700.00 in swapping good parts he finally listened and replaced it now it's been running like a top since.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:14 PM   #19
81 First
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by alntex View Post
I can get the blower housing off in about 45 min.
Here is how.
Remove all of the 10 mm bolts from next to oil filter under muffler bracket the one in the rear of blower is hardest I think about 8 bolts all total
REMOVE THE BOOMERANG SHAPED BRACKET that holds the muffler up big rad. clamp around Muffler pay attention to where wires go doing it this way makes it a piece of cake no need to loosen the motor from frame
I even test the coil with Blower housing slid to the left rear before reassembly
Also if there is a machine shop local ask them for a 10 thousand inch plastic gauge ( about 1" wide x 7" to 8" long ) to set air gap I think it is clear plastic. I been repairing small engines 54 years and have used the same ones all these years different gauges come in diff. colors
81 First is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:40 PM   #20
Copperman61
Gone Wild

Fred , are you still in the Sunshine State, and if so whereabouts ?
Copperman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car