lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2017, 11:28 AM   #1
Cerfect_Pircle
Not Yet Wild

Question G2 Cart Complete Tune Up Help

Hey guys, first post here but im pretty sure im in the right spot. This might end up being a long winded post, but bare with me, because i need all the help I can get. Me and my girlfriend have a Yamaha G2 Golf Cart that she has had for around 5 years now. Her dad when they originally got it, had it completely restored, painted, and lifted. The problem is, he didn't necessarily restore any mechanical parts of the cart. She used and abused it out in fields in Virginia, but now it is going to be our get around cart for our apartment complex. Now, I am aware that most of you on here are pretty aware of how to fix and diagnose problems with these carts. I however am not very fluent in any mechanical work.

What i essentially want out of this is an explanation of all the things i need to do to this cart to make it run mechanically sound and maybe speed it up a little. So please, just tell me all the little things i need to do to tune this cart up and make it run the best it can without breaking the bank. Assume that this cart hasn't been tuned up in about 2 or more years.

Thank you!
Cerfect_Pircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2017, 12:25 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G2 Cart Complete Tune Up Help

Basics would be new air filter new fuel filter and spark plug and and it would not hurt to pull the carb off and take it apart and give it a good cleaning fresh fuel is a must if it's been sitting longer than 6 months... These carts have to have the air box completely sealed if it's not it will run poorly the straps need to be in place to hold the lid down and they do warp iv had good luck taping the seam where the lid meats the body as for more speed there's a "arm" that's on top of the rear differential with a 10mm socket turn the nut in until desired speed is reached
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:28 PM   #3
expo
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 Cart Complete Tune Up Help

If the engine runs properly--its time to check the operation of the clutches. In neutral, or with the rear wheels off the ground, run the rpms up and you should see the front clutch sheaves narrow (verb) to where the belt should shift to the outer most part of the pulley. The rear should do the opposite. Any less than that won't give your cart the top speed it is capable of. There is a grease fitting on the outer rim of the front clutch and there may be one on the rear clutch near the shaft. 1 or 2 pumps of grease in each of them will be enough lube to carry it for a year.
expo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
make new, restore, speed up, tune up, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha