lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's
Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
ribbingrider31
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Question could this be a nice potential project? (dunebuggy!!!!!)

Found this frame in my neighbors back yard... (he lets me drive back there) and was wondering if this could be a sweet new project? ik it would take alot of work but I'd be up for it (with the help of you of course lol)

I'm pretty sure he'll sell it by seeing all the weeds around it and how neglected it is.

ribbingrider31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2009, 08:03 PM   #2
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Default Re: could this be a nice potential project? (dunebuggy!!!!!)

nice if you got a place to drive it? do it,, there fun and kinda cheap to build. is the transaxle still in it
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #3
ribbingrider31
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yeah I'm pretty sure its still there.
Looks like it was built with tractor tires too
I was thinking about doing a project like this but seeing as i couldn't weld I wouldn't of been able to make a frame
Old 06-22-2009, 09:18 PM   #4
kymike
Gone Wild

all you need is a stock 1600 motor and a 3rib bus tranny and you can have some fun the a reasonable to build unless you want big power if that one is not good enough i have one i will sell you for 7500
kymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #5
ribbingrider31
Gone Wild

Yamaha

how much do you think the engine would be?
Old 08-05-2009, 12:39 PM   #6
4RE KLR
Whats that clicking noise

Yamaha

I once had one very similar to that one.

Mine was a 'Walco' long back frame. Not being satisfied with the status quo, I out a 190HP Corvair Spyder engine with four Weber's. That thing would rock your world in a great big hurry. Man it was fun to drive.

I put Mitchel aluminum wheels and Cepek paddles on it and went to the sand. The fun in those things is hard to describe.

Cost, well it is like a cart. You can spend as much, or as little as you like. There is not set.... You have to spend $$$ in order to make it go _____MPH. Those things will haul with very little effort and or cost.

As for VW parts, you can get them over the counter, or online.

The thing you will want to make sure of, is if the torsion bar is still in the car. That is the "wishbone' looking piece that would be behind the seat and down along the bottom of the rail. The transmission will sit in and bolt to it. So, if it has a transmission is it, it should have a torsion bar as well.

I'd get it if you have a place to rebuild it. Make sure the welds on the frame are good.

BTW:
If you do decide to put a Corvair engine in it be sure to turn the axle over. It runs opposite of a VW, or you will have 4 reverse gears and one forward gear. LOL, don't ask me how I know that. :) A Ford Pinto engine will also bolt right up to the transaxle.
4RE KLR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crazy, dunebuggy, project
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's