lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
Huntinhauler
Not Yet Wild

Default controller HELP!!

just got my package from D&D and i need to know if I recieved the correct controller. the cart is a 94 medalist, series cart. the label on the controller says "programmable dc motor controller for series motors" model AXE4855 R5. the reason i have a question is because there are only 3 buss bars on the new controller, but the stock controller has 4. this new controller does not have a bar for A2. also,all the intstructions that came with the new controller talk about regen motors, so did i get the wrong one?
any help is appreciated
Huntinhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2010, 06:00 PM   #2
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: controller HELP!!

no, you are fine.... you will need a new wire from the F&R straight to the motor instead of the 2 wire design you have now. the only thing you lose is "plug braking" which means if you are going in reverse and throw the selector into forward (while still holding the pedal down), the controller will attempt to reverse the direction of the motor instantly instead of first waiting for the RPM of the motor to drop. Nice selection on the controller BTW.....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
Huntinhauler
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: controller HELP!!

thanks, so i just bypass the controller and go straight to the f/r switch, gotcha.
Huntinhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO