lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #21
BEYTILL
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: It's alive!!!

Nope. It fades if it is left in the sun. I've never used the UV block they sell. I might on this one. On my trucks,jeeps,eXcursion and others, I just taped of the truck and put on another coat every year.
BEYTILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #22
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I was thinking about fade also but I was going to try that bondo plastic dye and see how that works. Got some good reviews on plastic refinishing.

How long Did you wait before coats? Edit: nevermide you said already

Last edited by TheWiltz; 04-30-2012 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: Dumb question
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #23
BEYTILL
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Well, did some reading and searching on the forums that some have modified the fender fairs for the G14's and up will work on G9's.... Should be here in a cople of days, along with 1 1/2" wheel(W/the correct metric studs)spacers for the front and the (****) seat belt kit so I can be legal out here. Well as soon as they OK it. Should be by the end of June, not soon enough.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #24
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

Awsome job on the Cart.... I love it! How do you like the rear air shocks? Can you give me some info on them? Let us know how the flares work out... I'm interested in that as well. Well done!
Dlcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #25
BEYTILL
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I went with the air shocks so I could be able to adjust the ride. Did some research on the Monroe air shock sticky and chose the set for a Nissan Pathfinder. Do believe same part # for all and bonus, the came in black. Huge amount of travel and also allowed me to remove the Jakes rear clamp on shock extensions.

I also replaced the bottom shock bolt on the driver side with a stainless eye bolt and replaced and drill out the bottom bolt for the inner driver side fender liner. I gave the shocks some air and used a ratchet strap to set the static ride height. I then used 1/4" cable, four 1/4" cable clamps and 2 pieces of heat shrink. After setting up I use the shrink to tidy up the dead ends.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #26
THC
Not Yet Wild

Looks nice man. You've inspired me to do this to my golf cart. I don't want to pay the $80 though.. I found some rustoleum stuff that is around 50 at wal mart. How much would I need though? I don't know if one gallon would be sufficient for 2-3 coats
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:04 AM   #27
amesmotorsports
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That is one sweet buggie. I love it.
amesmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides