lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2008, 02:05 PM   #1
Billyzack
Not Yet Wild

Talking 03 EZ GO Carb

Hello all, I am new to this group, I live in Phoenix and just bought a 03 EZ go TXT, lifted, nice. Anyway, I took the air cleaner off and after putting it back, I noticed I moved the little pointed knob on top of the carb. It wouldn 't start with the air cleaner on so I moved the knob clockwise (left as you look from the front) and it runs OK but not like it used to. Does anyone know what the pointed black knob is and where it should be set? Also, I forgot to hook up the oil hose to the back of the air cleaner and oil got all over the motor. Is that typical? This is my 1st golf cart. Thanks, Billy
Billyzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2008, 11:28 PM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: 03 EZ GO Carb

Hello and welcome
The pointed knob is your idle jet screw, it has very limited movement and only effects the fuel/air ratio at extremely low engine speed. Given the fact these engines don't idle I find it more or less useless.
The oil blowing out can be caused by overfilling (lifted carts read wrong on the dip stick) or It can be caused from to much blow-by meaning worn rings letting compression by into the crankcase. Anyway, you need the hose hooked up.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:54 AM   #3
Billyzack
Not Yet Wild

Thamks for the help. I'm glad to hear the engine is just too full. The dipstick reads a bit over full. I turned the knob to center and everything seems OK. This all started when I was installing nerf bars and rocker panels and I drilled through my gas tank. I removed the intake to get the tank out and my problems began. I have learned alot about these carts though so it wasn't all bad. Thanks, Bill
Billyzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Don't you just hate it when the drill bit comes out of the hole you just drilled all wet? My BIL did the same to the top of his 1963 Ford gas tank, when installing a reverb unit. That wasn't as expensive as when I pulled pieces of transisters out of the AM FM 8 track. Good Luck
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:03 PM   #5
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum Billyzack.....................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO