lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
Billyzack
Not Yet Wild

Cool Oil in intake

I was trying to start my 03 EZ Go with the air cleaner off and after running it, I let off of the gas and it shot a slug of oil out of the hose that plugs into it from the backside. Any thoughts? It seems to run fine. Billy
Billyzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2008, 09:52 PM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Oil in intake

Hi Billy, that hose is the crankcase vent tube, if you are overfull on the oil level it will suck oil into the air filer box. Also on a lifted cart you can't trust the full line on the dip stick, the lift tilts the motor and it will give you a false reading, best thing to do is drain the oil with the rear jacked up so you get it all out, then refill with 1.5 quarts and remark your full line. SB
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO