lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2014, 11:56 PM   #1
Famous58
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 93 EZ-GO Drive belt assembly help

Hey guys, been on these boards a while but just now finding time to work on my cart again. Have the motor pulled to fix an oil leak, replace some gaskets and seals. I pulled the drive clutch apart to do a visual inspection because I also had a terrible vibration/noise coming from rear half of the cart during acceleration. Long story a little bit shorter, I did not make any markings on the dust cover and/or the outside flange or clutch housing before disassembling it. I now need to put it back together as I could not find anything visually wrong (not that I know what I'm looking for). Does anyone know exactly how much tension I need to put on the spring before bolting it back up. Clockwise or counterclockwise? And how much of a turn does it need? Also the same info on the driven clutch would help as well, I will be tearing into it later this week. Thanks for any info guys, appreciate it
Famous58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2014, 12:01 AM   #2
Famous58
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

And also, is this not the most filthy 295cc you guys have ever seen? Was not my doing, but that's what a crankcase oil leak directly into the fan for years on end will do, thank you previous owner...but seriously, does anyone have any good ideas on how to get this off, I've already been using degreaser and normal remedies, and it's been hell...thanks again
Old 03-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 93 EZ-GO Drive belt assembly help

Super hot water and simple green is my go to for super degreasing.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:56 PM   #4
Famous58
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Problem is I have the crankcase cover open on the end didn't think water was a great option with it open, but I'll figure something out. Anybody have any info on the drive clutch?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO