lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2014, 09:42 AM   #21
BisonGolf
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: My Drive Build

I have another question about the seat cover. That seat in the picture does not look like a Yamaha Drive seat. Is it some other??
BisonGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2014, 03:33 PM   #22
xjwillx
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Attached is a picture of the seat. I finished cleaning up the wiring by cutting to length and putting into the fuse box. I installed the dash and then realized when I went to put in the cup holders there are plenty of holes in it. This obviously could create and issue as the fuse block is right below. Wondering what others have done.

Since I held up the build to see what I should do on the cup holder I decided to clean up throw the seat on and take it for a spin. I backed out of the garage no problem and then shifted into forward. Hit the gas and just rolled backward. It winds up but makes no effort to go forward. It worked fine last weekend and all I did was install the body and zip tied all the loose wires. Wondering if I might have zip tied something I shouldn't have. Any thoughts on where I should start to trouble shoot it? So far everything has went smooth and I have know idea what could have caused the issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (101.5 KB, 0 views)
xjwillx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:54 AM   #23
stuke
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Could you give me more details on the Rhino lining on the roof? Like how did you prep the surface? Did you use actual Rhino lining or some other product? I would like to try this but I'm not sure where to start. Your cart looks great!
stuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:08 AM   #24
C-Pop
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEd358 View Post
Wow! What a well thought out and planned build. Keep the pics coming. There are so few Drive threads we need to keep them coming.
Hey Big Ed,,,what year is year Drive? I have a 2010 YDRA and am looking for the correct rear flip seat for it. In searching the web, I don't find anything specifically listed for this model. Will most flips work on most Drives, regardless of year? Best brand for the buck, any other suggestions?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
C-Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:30 PM   #25
QB100
Gone Wild

Yamaha

my drive is a 2010 and I have a madjax rear flip seat, went on pretty easy. I've been happy with it all summer.
QB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:59 PM   #26
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Pop View Post
Hey Big Ed,,,what year is year Drive? I have a 2010 YDRA and am looking for the correct rear flip seat for it. In searching the web, I don't find anything specifically listed for this model. Will most flips work on most Drives, regardless of year? Best brand for the buck, any other suggestions?

Thanks!
I have a 2011 YDRA and the place where I bought it from it looks like they installed a rear seat kit for a Club Car. It is made by All Sports and it looks like it belongs on my Yamaha. I did check out all of the mounting bolts and replaced a few of them to the correct size and length. I looked on the All Sports website and didn’t see a rear seat specifically for a Yamaha and as the place where I bought my cart from their sister company is primarily a Club Car dealer this makes since.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CH 1.JPG (37.3 KB, 0 views)
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 06:09 PM   #27
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuke View Post
Could you give me more details on the Rhino lining on the roof? Like how did you prep the surface? Did you use actual Rhino lining or some other product? I would like to try this but I'm not sure where to start. Your cart looks great!
Stuke I built a truck bed cover for my pickup and used diamond plate aluminum that was bright aluminum. I didn’t want the glair coming in the back window so I looked into Rhino Liner but it was too expensive. I found a product at Wal-Mart made by RustOleum called Truck Bed Coating in a spray can. It has been on there for a couple of years and is holding up well. I think this would be a good option on the roof.
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 07:49 PM   #28
BigEd358
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Pop View Post

Thanks!
It's a 2008. I didn't have any issue finding a rear seat made specifically for my buggy on ebay. Just make sure it's made specifically for your year and make. My kit fit just perfectly! Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!
BigEd358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:31 PM   #29
kclaiborne
Not Yet Wild

Reading through this thread as I work on my new acquisition of a clean 2014 Fleet/Course G29 Drive. Didn't see response or your update on resolution to:
"I backed out of the garage no problem and then shifted into forward. Hit the gas and just rolled backward. It winds up but makes no effort to go forward. It worked fine last weekend and all I did was install the body and zip tied all the loose wires. Wondering if I might have zip tied something I shouldn't have. Any thoughts on where I should start to trouble shoot it?"

What was it?
kclaiborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:33 PM   #30
BigEd358
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclaiborne View Post
Reading through this thread as I work on my new acquisition of a clean 2014 Fleet/Course G29 Drive. Didn't see response or your update on resolution to:
"I backed out of the garage no problem and then shifted into forward. Hit the gas and just rolled backward. It winds up but makes no effort to go forward. It worked fine last weekend and all I did was install the body and zip tied all the loose wires. Wondering if I might have zip tied something I shouldn't have. Any thoughts on where I should start to trouble shoot it?"

What was it?
Sounds like it's not fully engaged in gear. I have that problem from time to time. I know at some point I need to adjust the linkage. I'm thinking that maybe you zip tied something to the gear linkage, which shortened it's length.

Let us know if this was the issue or not.
BigEd358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha