lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2010, 10:40 AM   #11
Free Spirit
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Turni signal install question(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajoe View Post
I have no idea where the heck this plug is. This whole installation is driving me nuts. I have gotten now where
Papajoe, What part of Maryland are you in? I'm just above York, PA, and if you're close enough, I could see about stopping to give you a hand with your install. (No charge) I'll use 75 miles on google maps from 17319 to your destination as the definition of close.
Free Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2010, 12:55 AM   #12
papajoe
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

How nice are you Free Spirit!! WOW!!!! I am in Edgewater, MD - How close is that?
papajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:00 AM   #13
Free Spirit
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Google Maps says it is 98 miles from me. Let me think on it a bit and look at my schedule. Maybe we can work something out.
Free Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:40 AM   #14
papajoe
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Please don't go nuts! I appreciate the kindness and suggestion. More people should be like you. Maybe starting on here you can tell me where to begin. I'll tell you where I could start. I am going to attach the switch to the steering wheel, run the wire down and bore a hole either in the floor board or behind the dash and run the wires. from there I am lost. I am going to post wiring diag. for you to see and maybe direct me a bit. Is that a good idea?
Old 03-31-2010, 10:12 AM   #15
terrellmd
Not Yet Wild

Still looking for an answer to the question: Is there an adapter or accessory plug in the EZGO for a turn signal addition? If not, where is the 'usual' place one opens the wiring harness for access to the appropriate wiring? Or, just run dedicated lines to the respective lights? Thanks Doc
terrellmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:30 AM   #16
papajoe
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

TerrellMD - Supposidly on my EZ GO TXT - You remove the cup holders and it is behind the dash. Send me your email and I will forward the picture and explanation from BU.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:47 AM   #17
terrellmd
Not Yet Wild

Sure:

terrellmd@earthlink.net

Thanks!

Doc
Old 04-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #18
terrellmd
Not Yet Wild

OK, I am back in FL where the EzGo TXT cart is. The turn signal plug IS up under the 'dash' where some %$#@! mechanic had tied it. A little 12 volt fan on the dash board needed 12v so guess where it came from,--the turn signal cable but was pulled up tight and out of sight. A bunch of butt splices later the signal switch cable is installed without any big issues. Doc
Old 04-20-2010, 09:01 PM   #19
papajoe
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Turn signal install question(s)

Update: Got everything installed correctly. Come to find out my rear lights are LEDs which means they need resistors. Anyone know what impedence I should use?
Old 04-20-2010, 09:15 PM   #20
terrellmd
Not Yet Wild

There is no shortage of resistors made for LED lights, turn signals, etc., however I think what you are asking for is a resistor to put ACROSS the line to ground (usually the frame) to make the system "think" there is a lamp with a filament in the circuit so it will flash properly. I.e., increase the load because LEDs draw so little current the flasher thinks there is an open circuit. The safest thing would be to buy one of the load resistors made for LED replacements so the flasher will work. eBay has them by the gazillions. I am sure your local auto parts store has them, however I can't say that you will get accurate advice from every store employee (!) Read the package and/or take a knowledgeable friend with you. To give you a number, a resistance of 25 ohms would give about half an amp drain which probably would work a flasher OK. The resistor power rating would need to be 20 watts for safe operation. Doc
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO