lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
Rhester
Not Yet Wild

Angry Rewiring an old Marathon resistor coils...Help

I have an old Marathon that was rewired with all new electrical parts last year. The owner brought the cart to Texas to use as a hunting cart. While using the cart I noticed that the F-N-R switch never stopped in place for reverse. You had to move it back and forth to get it in the correct position. Recently it shorted out while my son was driving it. When I started trying to diagnose the problem, I found that the bar to stop the F-N-R switch in place was bent, apparently intentionally, out of place. I found that the short was on the copper pads of the aftermarket, not OEM, F-N-R switch. I got both sides of the F-N-R switch, put the micro switches back on and ran into more problems...... It would only go in reverse. Then shorted out the drivers side micro switch when I put it into forward. I searched for the wiring diagrams on the site. Here is the setup that is in the cart: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html

The problems are that I have a 4 prong key switch, the wiring for the solenoid is not clear to me, and the micro switch wiring does not match up. Can someone give me more information to make sure I iget the micro switches, solenoid and key switch wired correctly?

The micro switches come wired together on the bottom of the switches from the dealer. The diagram shows that the switches are wired together at the top. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Rhester is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #2
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Rewiring an old Marathon resistor coils...Help

go to vintage golf carts web site, they have drawings
bonduranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
sak00
What was I thinking?

Mixed Breed

I had the same problem with that wiring diagram. I had smoke and flame.. Use this one POST #2 is a blown up picture. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-diagrams.html Wire your mircos and all like this and it will work. As far as the key switch, I'm not sure why you have a four prong switch unless someone replaced it. Just take a ohm meter and find the two prongs that shot out when the key is on.
sak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:16 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The 4 terminal ezgo switch is a 3 position switch used to power up the headlights... basically 2 switches in one
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:41 AM   #5
sak00
What was I thinking?

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The 4 terminal ezgo switch is a 3 position switch used to power up the headlights... basically 2 switches in one

BINGO!!!! I forgot about the headlight switch. Thanks for the save.
sak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO