lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2010, 08:34 AM   #1
zagfreak
Not Yet Wild

Default New owner of EZGO. Battery/Mod/ Questions

Hello-
First Post! I purchased a 2005 EZGO TXT PDS yesterday for what I believe was a fair price-$1900. Has Champion Batteries and newer terminal wiring going from battery to battery(obviously the original batteries have been replaced. The hour meter says 1000

A few questions (please direct me to any previous posts):

1) Batteries- how to check life? How often to top em off with water? Can I buy a display that will indicate if daily charge is getting low?

Rear Seat: This is the one I was thinking of buying today- http://cgi.ebay.com/TAN-REAR-FLIP-SE...item19bb2eab4f Thoughts? (I do not think I want the "grab bar"

Painting Body? Best way paint? Special paint needed etc?

Thanks in advance- I will continue to browse this cool forum!

Z
zagfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2010, 09:06 AM   #2
bioevolve
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: New owner of EZGO. Battery/Mod/ Questions

I just got that rear seat kit last week and just re-wrapped it. It's best deal on a rear seat kit I have found. I like it!
Oh I also found out that you will need to upgrade you rear leaf springs to handle the extra load. I ordered a 3 leaf kit for mine.
bioevolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:14 AM   #3
zagfreak
Not Yet Wild

Cool. But when I search for the 3 leaf kit it says these are standard on 1994 and up EZ GO's? Is that not the case? Or are they only standard on EZGO's with a rear seat? How can I tell what type of Leaf Springs I currently have?

Thanks
Z
zagfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:17 AM   #4
cdb770
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagfreak View Post
Cool. But when I search for the 3 leaf kit it says these are standard on 1994 and up EZ GO's? Is that not the case? Or are they only standard on EZGO's with a rear seat? How can I tell what type of Leaf Springs I currently have?

Thanks
Z
count the amount of leaf springs, if it is only two then standard. But, if you have four or five leafs than they are HD (heavy duty)
cdb770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:30 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can get simple SOC (state of charge) meters or more complex LED voltage meters .... Water should be checked once a month on average.(depending upon frequency of recharge, battery condition, and temperature)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battery2.jpg (18.3 KB, 8 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO