lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
jhyder
Not Yet Wild

Default 1994 ezgo medalist rebuild

I just got a free 1994 ezgo medalist It has no batteries or front seat. I have someone that will give me a clubcar seat just wondering if it will fit or do I need to find a trade.

Also are there some things i can do to check this thing over before i spend a lot of money for batteries. It is in great shape just a little dirt and cob webs. All of the wires seem to be present with exeption of those for the batteries.
jhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2010, 06:41 AM   #2
rjriley1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 ezgo medalist rebuild

At free the price is right but your gonna spend money. Be prepared for a project if not don't take it on. You can make a nice cart out of it. Batteries are a good $100 each give or take $10 or $20 depending on make of battery you choose. The cart in my avatar started as a 95 metalist for $900. But in the beginning I had an ugly running cart so I wasn't dead in the water trying to get something to run. I was riding and enjoying my junk. I did things in little steps. I had a local golf cart shop put a newer TXT body on the cart. Added lights and keyswitch. I bought a higher rpm motor. Then I bought a nice set of mags and tires from a buddy for $300 who wanted to lift his cart. And finally after owning the cart for 8 or 9 years I upgraded to high amp speed controller bigger cables HD F/R switch and HD solenoid. Put a pencil ($$$) to just getting the cart running. You can find good used parts from people on this site who upgraded their carts and have stock stuff lying around. Sooner the cart runs (cosmetics can come later) the more you will enjoy your project. I have put many of miles on my cart and lots of good times with it.
rjriley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
mburger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

My first cart was and is a Medalist. I like the fact that the body is metal and different from the TXT though most TXT parts work on the Medalist including the seats. I took all the dents out, used some bondo and painted it with two stage, after lifting, wheels, and adding some trim I have a cool cart that doesn't look like every other EZGO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Burger Cart.jpg (131.9 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by mburger; 05-28-2010 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: Ad photo
mburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
jhyder
Not Yet Wild

I am lucky in that yes it was free but the body has 0 rust only a couple dings I just took the black cover off what i think is the selonoid and it looks like it has nver been touched no dust, dirt or corrosion I honestly think if get batteries this thing will run without work in any other areas.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #5
rjriley1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Great looking Metalist Mburger. I would have kept my metal body also but the guy I bought mine from said the cart got in a fight with a drunkin tree. The front cowl had a perfect round indention of a round upright object. It was beyond repair. A local golf cart dealer was putting alot of custom bodies on peoples carts and had TXT bodies stack up to the ceiling. He converted mine to a TXT for $300. This was in the early 2000ish. The old Metalist bodies do have an original look.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:28 PM   #6
jhyder
Not Yet Wild

can i put 48v to the existing 36v stuff and if so what risks do i run in damaging what is there?
Old 05-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #7
rjriley1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I may work for awhile but it life will be cut short. It could be 2 minutes or 2 years.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:15 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can NOT put 48v to the stock 94 medalist components. The controller will not take it. You will need to replace the controller, solenoid, and charger.... and HD F&R.

It's a good idea ...... it just can't be done halfast.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:21 PM   #9
jhyder
Not Yet Wild

what is the top speed for this model?
Old 05-29-2010, 10:34 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Top Speed is about the same for all golf carts due to their intended purpose ..... they all run between 12-14 mph before modifications or upgrades
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO