lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2010, 03:23 AM   #1
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Got no answer on the gasser site

So I'll ask you guys. Can I use a Lawn and Garden style battery on a gas golf cart? It has no lights, stereo or anything that would need extra battery power.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2010, 07:17 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Got no answer on the gasser site

It may work, but it will be quite undersized. the carts use a 70 series battery. Google the specs and then those of your lawn mower battery for a true comparison. I often put 75 series in them when they will fit.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:39 AM   #3
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have an old Jacobsen 3-wheeler mower with 16hp motor. I was able to fit a larger battery in place of the wimpy lawn and garden one that I was using. Lots more cranking energy/reserve from the auto type. Stick with the bigger battery.
e-z-go1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanharleyk View Post
So I'll ask you guys. Can I use a Lawn and Garden style battery on a gas golf cart? It has no lights, stereo or anything that would need extra battery power.
You can if the cranking amps are high enough. Gas carts use a bigger battery because on the golf course they are started and stopped frequently (36 or more times per day) If you are going to start it and then run for a while, you'll be able to keep a motorcycle/lawn mower battery last for a few years. If you are going to do lots of starting, or jump starting other equipment, go with a larger style battery.

Don't know why your question wasn't answered on the gas forum, they must have fumes blocking their view
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:27 AM   #5
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I went ahead and got the better battery, I would have been asking for trouble going the cheaper route.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO