lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
dv8shun
Not Yet Wild

Default solenoids clicking cart not moving

I finally got the wires right but when I energize the solenoids they click but the cart does not move any suggestions?
dv8shun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2010, 08:06 PM   #2
gatormeup
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: solenoids clicking cart not moving

not saying this is your problem, but mine was my controller!!! hope yours isnt same thing!! good luck to ya
gatormeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I suggest you identify the yr and model of your cart so that we can have a snowball's chance to help you
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:34 PM   #4
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I assume you have a resistor cart? No controller, just a bank of solenoids and coiled resistors to control current flow. So if you hear them clicking but the cart isn't moving, you need to see where you have voltage and where it is missing. There could be a loose wire or resistor coil, an incorrect polarity could be making the solenoids make noise but not actuating properly. If there is a master solenoid, it could be clicking but not passing voltage to your speed control solenoids. Lots of points to check for voltage, I would start at the motor and work towards the control solenoids/resistor assembly.

I had a similar problem with a friends cart, it would only work at high speed, made for interesting starts! Turned out to be a bad solenoid and a miswired diode. Good luck!
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Forgot one other thing: Is your foward/reverse switch making contact? It is one of the more likely places to see this problem if all your solenoids and resistors check out good.
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
dv8shun
Not Yet Wild

sorry for the missing info, I am bad about that. It is a 1987 XI 775 industrial cargo hauler/titan. 36 volt. I believe my batteries are old and not giving proper voltage.Thanx for all help.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #7
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Have you traced all the POWER wires? Are they all connected? What is the battery Pack Voltage? What is the voltage at full pedal depression on the pack? What is the voltage on the Last solenoid with the pedal fully depressed.

Also, not to tell you how to post, but I think this is the 3rd thread you have started regarding this cart. It's alot easier if everything is kept to 1 thread in the future so those helping you can read through what has already been tested/done......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:08 PM   #8
dv8shun
Not Yet Wild

People who have previously read a thread rarely come back to it. How would I get any new questions answered without starting a new thread? The instructions about how to post, actually recommend against multiple questions in the same thread. I appreciate your input, but if it is troublesome for you, I will understand if you no longer post replies in the future. I have solved the problem with the solenoids. It would be benificial if there was a way to delete old threads when problem is corrected. If there is would you tell me how to delete old posts, please.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv8shun View Post
People who have previously read a thread rarely come back to it. How would I get any new questions answered without starting a new thread? The instructions about how to post, actually recommend against multiple questions in the same thread. I appreciate your input, but if it is troublesome for you, I will understand if you no longer post replies in the future. I have solved the problem with the solenoids. It would be benificial if there was a way to delete old threads when problem is corrected. If there is would you tell me how to delete old posts, please.
Dv8... hmmmm..... it is apparent you have never searched the forum for an answer before starting a new thread The old threads with solved problems become the archives or database for the future problem solvers...
As far as no body coming back to a thread ~ That's BS and we both know it.... Most of the advice givers here use the 'new post' search and anything active since their last viewing is listed.... Of course some members are more easily helped than others. Some carts are more easily repaired also... I think you just pissed off one of the few techs who can help on an industrial cart ... It is best to be polite. The techs get frustrated when members expect them to remember what cart they have and it's history ..... Anyway, Glad you got your problem fixed good luck
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:59 PM   #10
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Scotty.

I didn't think I was out of line asking for him to keep the ongoing issues with this cart in 1 thread. I actually had to go back through multiple topics of his to figure out what had/had not been done previously to ensure that the advise I was giving was correct. That takes time that I can spend doing other things, so keeping everything contained in 1 thread just made more sense to me.

dv8, I wasn't trying to pick on you here.... I enjoy being able to help people out, but when I have to bounce around topics to figure out what has been done, I get frustrated and will stop helping. I'm glad you got the cart working, can you tell us what you found to be the problem?
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO