lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2010, 08:13 AM   #1
cobraclay
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Will this controller and solenoid setup be strong enough for my cart?

I have a friend of mine that works on carts that is going to install this solenoid switch F&R setup and a 350amp longbox(?) controller off of a freedom cart, all onto my stretched Ezgo. It will have a 6" Jakes spindle lift with 22" tires. It will be used @ my hunting camp in Allendale SC, so it has some hills etc...Will this be a strong enough setup to handle this? I will not be doing any major offroading...I just dont want to fry everything, is my main concern...Thanks!
cobraclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2010, 08:17 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Will this controller and solenoid setup be strong enough for my cart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraclay View Post
I have a friend of mine that works on carts that is going to install this solenoid switch F&R setup and a 350amp longbox(?) controller off of a freedom cart, all onto my stretched Ezgo. It will have a 6" Jakes spindle lift with 22" tires. It will be used @ my hunting camp in Allendale SC, so it has some hills etc...Will this be a strong enough setup to handle this? I will not be doing any major offroading...I just dont want to fry everything, is my main concern...Thanks!

This is not enough of an increase in amperage IMHO. Your stock controller is 275 amps and your cart is stretched with taller wheels? Outfitted with extra seating? 500 amps would be my recommendation.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #3
bone
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Will this controller and solenoid setup be strong enough for my cart?

clay go with the biggest you can get and start saving up for 48volt. When you start hauling ferrell around with that big ol nose your going to need all the power you can get.
bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

500 AMP controller would be the minimum I would go with.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
cobraclay
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Bone, whats up buddy, didnt know u were on here...Yeah i did forget to take into account Aarons nose factor...Might have to make him chip in for the extra amperage I'll have to get to haul that thing around...

So what did you have on your cart last yr as far as controller and all...I know u added the EMP motor, and how did everything end up holding out for you?...
Old 07-13-2010, 07:38 PM   #6
bone
Not Yet Wild

I'm still mostly stock. New batteries (36volt) new 4ga. wires, hd f/r switch emp motor stock controller on 22in tires. It all held up good. Still planning on controller upgrade and 48volts though.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #7
bone
Not Yet Wild

and by the way if you want to learn something about a cart just read around here. I dont post much at all but have read a bunch. lots of good info on here.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:10 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Bone is RIGHT We might start calling him Bad to the bone

BGW ROCKS!!!!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #9
cobraclay
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah, I used to use buggiesunlimited, and it wasn't bad, just seems like I get quicker responses here...

I'll prob go ahead with the setup I mentioned and upgrade as i can...hopin it will hold out this season...

Bone, what did u end up doin with that G1 u had?
Old 07-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #10
bone
Not Yet Wild

g1 is still hanging in the back yard with the other hacked up ez-go
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO