lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #11
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Bad controller symptoms

Ok after careful review the motor will fit as long as you have a 19 spline which the marathone did...geez lol
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #12
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Old 07-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #13
mybadomen
Getting Wild

should the solenoid be 40 volts on 1 side and 35 on the other? with key off?
mybadomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #14
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Ok i managed to drive sitting on the floor depressing the pedal and hit a hill i kep it wide open throttle which was a crawl at this time got over 38 volts everywhere while driving besides at the motor. 24 volts at the motor on S1 under wide open throttle. Does this say anything? Please
Old 07-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #15
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ok mybadomen, I just physically got a g16 36v from my rental fleet and drove up a steep hill with throttle wide open...cart started spinning out and voltage at S1 was exactly 24volts...hope that helps any...I guess thats normal cause this is a perfect operating cart
Old 07-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #16
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybadomen View Post
Took it to work again today .Pulled it off the charger after charging all night and takes off nice and fast then slows to a crawl again. I would love to do any testing now before i swap batteries for the 100th time. Anything else i can test or any idea of an easy test i can perform that might tell the problem? I have a Fluke multimeter.
Why are you swapping batteries constantly?

What type charger do you have? How is acting? Amps, how long, voltage, etc? What is your pack voltage several hours after a charge?

From your description, it sounds like the since you fixed the brushes, the cart runs just fine, but has no range. Which to me says, "batteries".... I know you say they are new, so, is the charger charging them back up properly?
delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #17
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by delagem View Post
Why are you swapping batteries constantly?

What type charger do you have? How is acting? Amps, how long, voltage, etc? What is your pack voltage several hours after a charge?

From your description, it sounds like the since you fixed the brushes, the cart runs just fine, but has no range. Which to me says, "batteries".... I know you say they are new, so, is the charger charging them back up properly?
I am swapping batteries from my EZ-GO thats a 1986. the batteries are brand new i havent had them 1 month yet and the EZ-GO fly's with them. When charge is hooked to pack i get anywhere from 42 volts to 45 volts without the charge it is a little over 38 volts while testing for hours. I swap the batteries because i will only be using the Yamaha if i can ever get it fixed. but i still need to use the EZ-GO for work so each test i need to swap batteries. Lol many times a day for day 5 now today makes of non stop working on it. My back is totally shot.And still no idea whats wrong. and no the cart acts as it did the day i got it even after all the work .
Old 07-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #18
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Anyone know where you get Re-manufactured Controllers. The guy at the camp ground beginning of the summer paid $260. for a re Manufactured Yamaha Controller that is the same model as mine. He cant remember where though .He remembers its Florida Cost $260. as long as you have a core. $360 without a core.

Anyone know of one of these places ? Id rather spend $260 and find out its not the part that i need then 400 to 1000. Still have my doubts its the controller but going to replace that first .

Thanks Guys
Old 01-15-2021, 08:59 AM   #19
Gregs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Jason’s Golf carts. In the menu pick motors.

https://www.jasonsgolfcarts.com/default.asp
Gregs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:25 AM   #20
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs View Post
Jason’s Golf carts. In the menu pick motors.

https://www.jasonsgolfcarts.com/default.asp
I sure hope that he fixed it after 8 1/2 years...
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car