lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
JEThompson
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Trojan T-875 Question

I know there is already a battery info page which I have read but I have a more specific question that I am hoping some of you can help me with.
How can the water level in your batteries affect how long your cart can run before it needs a charge? I pulled my cart of the charger yesterday and within 5 min the battery meter dropped one bar, this should not be happening I hope. By the way my cart is a 2004 48 Volt, with 2010 Trojan T-875.
JEThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Trojan T-875 Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEThompson View Post
I know there is already a battery info page which I have read but I have a more specific question that I am hoping some of you can help me with.
How can the water level in your batteries affect how long your cart can run before it needs a charge? I pulled my cart of the charger yesterday and within 5 min the battery meter dropped one bar, this should not be happening I hope. By the way my cart is a 2004 48 Volt, with 2010 Trojan T-875.
The bar meters are not very accurate. I would hook up a digital volt meter to get a true reading and do this after your batteries are fully charge and at rest for 12 hours.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
The bar meters are not very accurate. I would hook up a digital volt meter to get a true reading and do this after your batteries are fully charged and have been at rest for 12 hours.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #4
JEThompson
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Where do I buy one, how much are they, and which one is the best to buy?
Old 07-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #5
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Where do I buy one, how much are they, and which one is the best to buy?
Do you have a meter like this?
41NE+u7DmJL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
Old 07-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #6
JEThompson
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Oh yes, I thought you were talking about a battery level meter like the one on my cart. I have used a meter like the one in your pic and got around 49 to 50 volts at fully charge. But why is the battery level dropping after 5 mins?
Old 07-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Oh yes, I thought you were talking about a battery level meter like the one on my cart. I have used a meter like the one in your pic and got around 49 to 50 volts at fully charge. But why is the battery level dropping after 5 mins?
Is it? Take a reading before and after. Running your batteries low on water will significantly reduce there life. It's a costly mistake. You should at a minimum check water levels once a month.

If you want a good and accurate meter for you cart this is the one to get.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Digita...ry_Meters.html
Old 07-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #8
JEThompson
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I just added some water to them today, but the water level was just under the top of the plastic holes by maybe 1/4". So if i buy and install this new battery meter, how do I tell if there is a issue?
Old 07-10-2012, 07:31 PM   #9
JEThompson
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Also, it charged for two days and I pulled it out the other day and rode around my neighborhood cirlce (Maybe 1/2 mile) three times and the battery dropped down to almost half?
Old 07-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #10
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I just added some water to them today, but the water level was just under the top of the plastic holes by maybe 1/4". So if i buy and install this new battery meter, how do I tell if there is a issue?
Charge your batteries, wait 12 hours and take a reading. Drive the cart for 5min and take another reading. Do this with your digital meter. See if there is any difference as the meter wont lie. As far as your water levels, that is not too low. you always want the water level no higher then the bottom of the fill hole or at least 1/4 above the plates. Use distilled water only.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car