lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #1
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Default New here with questions

Hi Guys,
My dad and I are looking to get a CC for mom (lol and us ) to keep at the beach.

We know nothing about these carts. We were looking just a EZ GO but since it will be at the beach I think the CC will last longer as far as rust.

I guess 95% of these come stright off the golf coarse to be sold at a dealer. Right now we are looking a 2007 and a 2009. Both are 48V.

I want to lift it at some point but for now im thinking big wheels and low pro tires.

Anyway, I was wondering if one was better then the other between those 2 year models? (faster, easy to work on, ext)

It looks like the dealer can adjust the speed at the factory? 1,2,3,4 ?

Also, something about a magnet can make them faster but only if the sensor is set to 1-3? not 4?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Dank
dankfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Re: New here with questions

Are you looking at DS or Precedent? They are all basically the same to work on. As far as year, on an electric cart, consider the age and condition of the batteries since they are not cheap to replace. On one hand, a 2009 will have 2 years less use on it than a 2007. On the other hand, a 2007 with new batteries might be a smarter buy than a 2009 with 3 year old batteries, all other things being more or less equal.

You have to have access to a programmer to modify the speed settings. A dealer should be able to do it for a fee. Speed setting 4 requires a code that must be gotten thru club car in addition to the programmer. I know nothing about a magnet to do something like that.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not 100% but I think the 2009 is the Precedent. I'm not sure about the 2007. My dad spoke to them and didn't really know to ask the difference.

Can both the DS and Precedent be upgraded by the dealer? Also, what is the differance between the two?

Should I assume the 2007's batteries have been replaced before and the 2009 has not?

Once again thanks.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A lot of those carts run 4/12v batteries theri amperage storage is less than the traditional 6/8v batteries and CC has changed back to the 6/8v configuration... that should tell you a lot about the serviceability of the 4/12v set up. Also because the 4/12 was not as well matched for GC use, the batteries typically lasted only 3-4 years as opposed to the 8v lasting 5 years. so the 2009 should be ready for batteries now if it is a 4/12v system... hope this helps....

DS and Precedent are two different carts. Precedent being the newer generation. DS was the old style made since the early 80s.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #5
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Thanks Man.

So I should look for the one with 6 8 volts instead of 4 12's.?

When did CC swith back to 6 8V?

Also, the 2009 should have 6 batteries?
Old 07-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Another question = Can both the Precedent and DS be upgraded (made faster) by the dealer? Programed.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #7
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankfoot View Post
Another question = Can both the Precedent and DS be upgraded (made faster) by the dealer? Programed.

Yes.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #8
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Thanks guys.

Anything else I sould look for?
Old 07-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #9
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

I have the 4x12v setup with 08 batteries and haven't had to replace them yet. 6x8v setup is technically better but doesn't have to be a deal breaker. How long the batteries last has a lot to do with how well they are broken in and how well they are cared for. However, if you started out with a 4x12 and a 6x8 setup, side by side, cared for them exactly the same, you'd probably get a bit more use out of the 6x8.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #10
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltLifeCC View Post
I have the 4x12v setup with 08 batteries and haven't had to replace them yet. 6x8v setup is technically better but doesn't have to be a deal breaker. How long the batteries last has a lot to do with how well they are broken in and how well they are cared for. However, if you started out with a 4x12 and a 6x8 setup, side by side, cared for them exactly the same, you'd probably get a bit more use out of the 6x8.

And to just add, if you happen to find a cart you really like and has the (4) 12v, when it comes time for batteries you can always convert the cart to the (6) 8v setup..
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car