lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #21
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New here with questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankfoot View Post
Hey I downloaded the app and my cruise speed was 12 mph. Not sure if that is normal on a lvl 3 but with stock wheels and tires.

I put the motor magnet on tonight and started running about 18 or so. On a slight uphill I was doing 14/15 and slight downhill I got up to 20.

Pretty sweet.

I would say the magnet is equal to speed code setting 4 as I get 19mph on speed code 4...
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #22
dankfoot
Getting Wild

ok cool, now it seems that no one really knows if you have a lvl 4 programmed and add the magnet does the cart go faster?

what size tires do u have?
dankfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #23
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
ok cool, now it seems that no one really knows if you have a lvl 4 programmed and add the magnet does the cart go faster?

what size tires do u have?
I don't think it does but not 100% sure. I have 10" wheels with low profile tires. You will have to throw some money at it to get in the 20's. This can get addicting and expense but fun at the same time....
Old 07-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #24
dankfoot
Getting Wild

sweet, I cant decide between a lift and wheels/tires or 12's and low pros...
Old 07-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #25
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
sweet, I cant decide between a lift and wheels/tires or 12's and low pros...
There are only a couple of 12" wheels that will fit the Precedent without modification. So I would get a lift which will open the door up for wheel options. Also, when you put the bigger tires on then you will loose some low end torque and next will be a motor/controller and battery cable upgrade...
Old 07-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #26
dankfoot
Getting Wild

hummm, ok thanks. Once again this is for mom at the beach. Our house is on a sand dune so the driveway is kind of steep. It was suck if it couldn't get up it.

dude this is like my Harley. Everything is at least a $100 bucks.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #27
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

I have felt that pain dank. I sold my Harley 2 years ago because all my riding buddies gave it up and mine just sat way to much. They sure are money pits but I enjoyed every minute of it. Saving money on labor by working on it myself really helped me not be intimidated by doing other projects, like cart stuff or working on my truck.

If you are looking to squeeze an extra mph or two out of the cart, that may help your lift and big tires vs. low profile decision. I really like tricked out low carts but my son really wanted our cart lifted up with some nice rims and meats on it. I don't remember my exact before and after numbers but I know I got like a 1.7 mph boost after lifting it up and putting on the 23" tires. That red cart would look nice with some 10 or 12" chrome/polished wheels and some 22 or 23" tires on them.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #28
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Thanks SaltLife, I know man. Mine seems to sit more than I would like also. That and all of these dumba$$ drivers pulling out in front of you.

I'm not quite ready to give it it yet, but I suspect that once my wife gets preggo then I will.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #29
Jazz24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

[
Friday I will be adding turn signals and a brake light, along with the speed motor magnet. [/QUOTE]

What is this "magnet" that you are talking about? Where is it located? Is it easy to install?
Jazz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:45 PM   #30
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz24 View Post
[
Friday I will be adding turn signals and a brake light, along with the speed motor magnet.
What is this "magnet" that you are talking about? Where is it located? Is it easy to install?[/QUOTE]

Yea dude, We did all that today. Well last night the magnet and today turn signals. Im sure u can do it. Took pops and me like 1 hour but the **** break light didn't work. Took us another hour to figure out we left out 1 step. So follow directions and it's easy.

Magnet, easy. Top screw sucks on the speed sensor and have someone to hold the cart while taking the magnet screw off and it's easy too.

Take your time and have a beverage.

sorry for mistakes. hanging with JB.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car