lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
Jazz24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2010 Precedent Speed Control Settings

Hello to Everyone!

I just purchased a 2010 Precendent. How do I know what setting the controller is at 1, 2, 3 or 4? Is this setting only adjustable by a CC dealer? I also have read something about a speed control magnet. Does this affect the life of the batteries, motor, controller, etc.? Thanks in advance for any input!
Jazz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2010 Precedent Speed Control Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz24 View Post
Hello to Everyone!

I just purchased a 2010 Precendent. How do I know what setting the controller is at 1, 2, 3 or 4? Is this setting only adjustable by a CC dealer? I also have read something about a speed control magnet. Does this affect the life of the batteries, motor, controller, etc.? Thanks in advance for any input!
It can only be programmed by the dealer at an average cost of $100. As far as the speedy link, it's a different speed sensor that tricks the controller into thinking the cart is going slower then it actually is. I believe it's cheaper to just get the code 4 setting. Then again, maybe the magnet is something different as I have not read about it...

Here is a thread.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/extre...gnet-scam.html

***EDIT*** I see there is just a magnet in the link provided. I know nothing about it so I will let someone else chime in on it.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
Jazz24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reponse ERICT. I went to the other thread which you posted, but it didn't really say if the runtime would be affected. Does anyone have any expierence with this?
Jazz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz24 View Post
Thanks for the reponse ERICT. I went to the other thread which you posted, but it didn't really say if the runtime would be affected. Does anyone have any expierence with this?
If the run time is effected I can't imagine by very much..
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #5
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Should be in 3 already. At least that is what they say? The magnet works, I did it last night. But as of now, im not sure how good it works.

12 to 18 but today I was like 14/15.... batteries might have been weak.
dankfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:34 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Fact..... even with a speed sensor magnet that will allow the car to run any speed imaginable, you still have a stock golf car powertrain only capable of so much. Don't expect greatness unless you change the motor.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car