lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2012, 05:35 AM   #11
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Voltage Reducer Wiring Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbag3 View Post
Steve,
Sorry to butt in but I am also wiring the same 20 amp reducer to a 2006 CC. Instead of putting the reducer in the battery well(very little room) according to some of the install you tubes on the subject is there another option. It looks like there a ton of electrical connections in dash. Some are 12 and some are 24 volt. Is it possible to plug in to some of these and run the reducer to a fuse bank? I am trying to hook up a 12 volt stereo unit.
Thanks
. . . you want to connect the reducer to the battery pack regardless of where you mount it . . . it is not that difficult to snake the reducer's positive/negative wires under the cart to battery compartment . . on a side note, I had plenty of room in the battery compartment to mount both the reducer and the fuse block there . . . I also have a 2006 DS (4-12v setup) . . see the second picture in post #15 in this thread . . . fuse block on picture's left side, reducer on the right . .

My 2006 CC DS
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #12
sandbag3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have been reading other posts on this install and many allude to installing a switch on the dash that disconnects the power to the reducer. Otherwise it is always drawing power.
I was going to tap the reducer's yellow wire (Input control) to the key switch as I have read others recommend but should I put in a seperate switch and if so can you advise how to do this?

In case I haven't mentioned this before thank you for helping.

s3
sandbag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #13
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbag3 View Post
I have been reading other posts on this install and many allude to installing a switch on the dash that disconnects the power to the reducer. Otherwise it is always drawing power.
I was going to tap the reducer's yellow wire (Input control) to the key switch as I have read others recommend but should I put in a seperate switch and if so can you advise how to do this?

In case I haven't mentioned this before thank you for helping.

s3

. . if reducer's yellow wire is the "trigger" wire, when that wire is connected to "cold" side of keyswitch, it turns the reducer on/off with keyswitch . . . no need for additional switch with this type of reducer . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car