lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
birdleg1981
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default 2007 ds charger issue

i have a 2007 clubcar ds that the charger isnt kicking on. it has 6 8v batteries and pack voltage is 43 volts. i have also tried another charger i know works and still nothing. i nosied around a bit and seen where u can bypass the obc at 6 pin connector, well i did and the charger clicks like it acknowledges its there then clicks back off, but the amp needle never moves. also the battery light comes on and when i plug the charger into receptacle the light goes off, kinda like its saying hey im plugged in, but yet it makes no clicks or anything with the charger. any help would be appreciated. thx ahead of time
birdleg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2007 ds charger issue

Ok I think your problem is that you don't have enough voltage for the charger to kick on. 43 volts is LOW, so you will need to get a car battery charger and charge each batt individually for a little while so that you can get the voltage up for the charger to kick on.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Ok I think your problem is that you don't have enough voltage for the charger to kick on. 43 volts is LOW, so you will need to get a car battery charger and charge each batt individually for a little while so that you can get the voltage up for the charger to kick on.
43v is plenty for the charger to kick on so I'm not sure what the issue is. It would have to be below 38v for the charger not to turn on.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
birdleg1981
Getting Wild
Club Car

I figure 43 volts shud be plenty to kick it on. I just dont understand it. Also the cart does move in fwd and rev.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:33 AM   #5
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdleg1981 View Post
I figure 43 volts shud be plenty to kick it on. I just dont understand it. Also the cart does move in fwd and rev.
Check the receptacle plug on the cart and make sure the wires are connected and non have come off at the rear of it. Other then that, maybe you have a bad OBC..
Old 08-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
birdleg1981
Getting Wild
Club Car

Ive checked the wires behind receptacle and they all look fine. Should i try a obc reset? Or am i beating a dead horse. Anyway to test the obc on a ds cart?
Old 08-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #7
birdleg1981
Getting Wild
Club Car

Also took the grey wire and applie it to the lead negative and i get the same response. Charger clicks but never turns on. Needle never moves. This is with a known good charger.as well. Could.there be a wiring issue possibly? I checked over and over on the wiring and to my knowledge it looks ok.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if you tried a kwown good charger on your cart and it didn,t work and your charger works on another cart this sounds like the OBC went bad............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #9
birdleg1981
Getting Wild
Club Car

Shadowman is there anyway to test the obc? I thot by bypassing it with the grey wire being bypassed the charger shud kick on?
Old 08-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #10
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdleg1981 View Post
Shadowman is there anyway to test the obc? I thot by bypassing it with the grey wire being bypassed the charger shud kick on?
There is no test for the OBC other then bypassing it. I know you tried but was it the correct way? I'm not sure how as it depends on the year of cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car