lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #11
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: Battery Voltage Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by delagem View Post
If $35 for the rotary switch version on eBay isn't enough, take a look at the BattSix setup!

Speaking of wow factor! (and a Wow price tag! $299 for the Bluetooth iPhone setup, $399 for a plug-in display version)

That is the ****, gotta get summa that
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #12
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by statjunk View Post
My cart has the indicator light to tell me when the batteries are at 25% life. Shouldn't that be sufficient to keep me out of trouble?

The app is a bit over the top. I could see that being cool for a battery bank that powers your house but for a golf cart seems like a bit much.

Tom
The light is ok but you really shouldn't let the pack get down past 50%. It is better to have a digital meter so you actually have a number to work with.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:36 AM   #13
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
My cart has the indicator light to tell me when the batteries are at 25% life. Shouldn't that be sufficient to keep me out of trouble?

The app is a bit over the top. I could see that being cool for a battery bank that powers your house but for a golf cart seems like a bit much.

Tom
Running a pack down to 25% state of charge is not good and will greatly reduce the life of your battery pack. The light is also not accurate and would be surprised the cart would even move at 25% SOC. I would check your pack with a voltage meter to keep an eye on it when it's time to charge the pack. The best thing is to get the meter Scotty sells as you will always know where your pack stands..
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #14
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thumbs up Re: Battery Voltage Monitor

I liked the guy that had the freeby Harbor Frieght hand held meter wired to the pack and sitting in his glove box. Better that nuttin and you always have a meter if you need it.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #15
statjunk
Getting Wild
Club Car

Low rider,

That is a good idea. My buddy must have 10 of those meters just sitting around.

What voltage is generally consider the lowest you should go? Or what percentage?

I have a 48v.

Tom
statjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #16
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Low rider,

That is a good idea. My buddy must have 10 of those meters just sitting around.

What voltage is generally consider the lowest you should go? Or what percentage?

I have a 48v.

Tom
Never drain a pack further then 50% or 48.4v.

StateOfChargePercetages-Trojan.jpg
Old 08-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #17
statjunk
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the information and the table. I'm going to put a meter on the batteries when I get home. I haven't done that yet.

Thanks

Tom
Old 08-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #18
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

One thing I have found is that the freeby Harbor Freight type may be off a little. I found mine to be .5 volts off from my Fluke meter(a good one) and the scottyb meter. But its still close and better than nuttin. If you can determine if it is off and by what amount, just factor that in to your reading.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #19
statjunk
Getting Wild
Club Car

Guys I checked my batteries last night at full charge with the charger disconnected and the harbor freight meter read 49.7 v. Am I still held to the same 48.4v? Or is my number lower due to the percent basis?

BTW - I have the CC Trojan batteries, 4 of them and they are likely the originals.

Thanks

TT
Old 08-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #20
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Guys I checked my batteries last night at full charge with the charger disconnected and the harbor freight meter read 49.7 v. Am I still held to the same 48.4v? Or is my number lower due to the percent basis?

BTW - I have the CC Trojan batteries, 4 of them and they are likely the originals.

Thanks

TT
Your pack is only at 75% after a charge. I'm sure if you load tested them most will fail. I would say your batteries are done.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car