lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
S.Morrison
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Unhappy Club car power drive 2 question

Hi all, I have a 2002 fair way villager that I just picked up at an auction. It was thought that there was a problem with the gas pedal switch, but after some trouble shooting turns out its a charger problem. The previous owner thought it was working fine but turns out the pack had only 25.7 volts. So I bypassed the low voltage on the charger and let it charge up to 48.2 volts, switched back the charger and still nothing. I then bypassed the 15amp circuit breaker and charger came on fine.

My question is while I wait for a new circuit breaker to arrive, will it still automatically shut off when the pack is charged? I really want to have a full charge cycle completed so that I can properly check the pack voltage to see if the batteries were damaged being in such a low charge state for so long.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
S.Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Club car power drive 2 question

Yes. Everything will function perfectly fine without a circuit breaker. However, if something goes wrong with your charger that would normally cause the circuit breaker to trip, it will cause a fire.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
S.Morrison
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club car power drive 2 question

Awesome! Thanks Tahoedawg I'll keep an eye on it.
S.Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car