lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
Jbc3902
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car 98 Canter Problem

Ok I have a new lift kit and new tires. I have 23 inch tires on my CC though that will be changed to 22 next week as they were mis shipped. Anyway that isn't the crux of the issue. Based on my limited knowledge I can adjust the toe in and out using the tie rod. But I was under the impression that the canter could only be adjusted using the entire leaf spring and that plate that pinches it against my frame right in front. The reason I think this is an issue is because of this.

I put fine kitty litter on my driveway and drove across it to show you. The tire that appears to me to be perfectly straight is the left on. The right tire is obviously leaning to far in based on that photo. My issue is when correcting the right tire all I'm going to do is create the same thing on the left. Anyone have any suggestions?

I hope the photos worked I'm honestly not sure if they did.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1168.jpg (147.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1169.jpg (149.2 KB, 0 views)
Jbc3902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
Jbc3902
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car 98 Canter Problem

so no has a suggestion?
Old 09-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
Laser
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

From what I recall from installing a Jake's lift kit, there was a bolt with an open end that went into the A-arm. An allen bolt went through the open end and into the top of the spindle. By screwing that bolt in or out you adjusted the angle of the tire. It had no impact on the other side, but it did affect toe in or out. I made multiple adjustments of both the toe and the tire angle to the ground before getting it just right. At the same time I kept an eye on the steering wheel so it was straight when the wheels were straight.
Laser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
Jbc3902
Not Yet Wild

Yes but you are talking about toe in and out not canter. If I'm spelling it right canter is the lean of my wheel in or out. In this case leaning in resulting in only the inside half of that tire touching the ground.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #5
gumpbuck
Gone Wild

Club Car

If your wheels are leaning in, you have a negative "Camber" situation. I'm new to carts myself, so I don't have an alignment suggestion for you. But yes, the tie rods will only adjust your tow, in most cases.
gumpbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:08 PM   #6
Jbc3902
Not Yet Wild

Ok I think the correct spelling is cander? Anyway I was forced to install a Jakes extension kit to allow me to use some larger tires. I'm about 200 % positive I installed the aluminum spacer block that came with the lift kit wrong to begin with. Basically the small disc on the top of my leaf spring was sitting on the block and titertottered on it. When I installed the extension kit the new larger plate had a hole in it for the small disc. Now it all sits perfectly flush and everything is perfect.

Just wanted to try to give some advice if someone one day hits the search function.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:57 AM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

It's Camber! I really didn't feel the need to correct you the first time, only because I knew what you were talking about!

I'm glad you got it worked out!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car