lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #21
mkbrower
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Grounding - Different Voltages

Without knowing the amp draw from your meter it would be hard to say for sure. With a 25 Amp switch I think you will be just fine with just your meter off it. I would go by touch, if it gets hot after a while you may need a higher amp switch. If not, you are good to go.

Mark
mkbrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #22
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by statjunk View Post
Is it ok to keep using the switch?

Tom
Why would you want to if the light dooes not work, thought that was the whole point of putting in the switch in the first place.

I got my switch from an electrical distributor, they sell everything electric for construction, and they carry some heavy duty stuff. You might find a parts supplier locally and see what they got, you are not gunna find a good switch for 48 volt at home depot or an auto parts store.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #23
Token
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I can't say to use the switch or not.. maybe just the light fried, and didn't melt something.. If i had to use that switch, I would remove the ground wire to eliminate the possiblity of having to test the theory that you installed proper fuses before the battery pack..
I would try to exchange the switch for a non light one. and one rated for 48v..
I have tried to tackle the task you are attempting and even went so far to buy some old used marine alarm switches, they had 2 circuits, one for the switch and one for the lights.. double pole/ double throw or something would have to look at them.. I dont cut rectangle holes to well, so I never tested if it would work... in the end i realized everything I needed a LED switch for was 12v...
Token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #24
statjunk
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have the 4x 12 volt set up. The switch is not getting hot at all. I ran it last night and again today.

I'm going to call the switch manufacturer on Monday to see if I can get some specific information about this.

I need to start a new thread on voltage because I'm not understanding the voltages that I'm seeing on the meter. It gets all the way down to 45v when I'm going up hill or when i running on flat ground it's down to 47v. Then if I stop it takes the meter a few minutes to tell me the resting voltage of the batteries.

Can anyone comment on if this is normal?

Thanks to all that have chimed in so far, much appreciated.

Tom
statjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #25
Token
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

hmmm.. you can always search these forums.. also read the stickies.. maybe your question has been asked before...
Token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #26
mkbrower
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I forgot to mention this but your amps through your switch would actually be less with 48v. If your meter uses 100 watts of power (alot for a meter) your amps through a switch with 12v would be around 8.3. On a 48v circuit the amps through the switch would be around 2. You can see you are well below the switc rating of 25 amps even with a 100 watt load. It's the amps that is the concern, not the voltage.

Mark
mkbrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #27
statjunk
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks Mark.

Tom
statjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car