lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
pianoplayerjohn
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question 1984 36volt Club Car DS

Hi Folks! My golf cart runs wonderfully except when I first go forward, it will go in reverse just fine but when I switch over to forward it at first acts like it won't go but then it starts moving very slowly and then finally it goes the normal speed but I can't climb as steep of a hill as I could just a few days ago. The cart is fully charged when this happens. Has anyone had similar issues? If so please tell me how I can fix this. As always, thanks so much for your help! You guys are the best!!
pianoplayerjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
CRK
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1984 36volt Club Car DS

hang in there these guy will chime in soon and let you know what to do

I have a 1983
CRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
pianoplayerjohn
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thumbs up Re: 1984 36volt Club Car DS

Thanks friend. It's a beautiful fall day and everyone's probably out and about or watching football. Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 09-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It may just be a battery issue. If you don't know what make and year they are just post some pics and we will try to help you determine.

Do you have a voltmeter? You will need one if you want to work on the cart. I suggest testing the pack voltage at a stand still and then see what that voltage drops to when you try to go.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
pianoplayerjohn
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hi Scottyb, and thanks for responding.I have a gauge that is hooked to the battery terminals to tell me the amount of voltage they have and it tells me that the voltage is fine. It also goes in reverse as fast as I want to go with no problems but in forward even on a flat surface it starts out very slow but then resumes speed after I'm on it for a few seconds and does fine until I get to another incline.

Also when I go up a slight hill my voltage gauge shows the gain the gauges arrow all the way to the left like it would if I was in my car and was out of gas but once i'm up the hill the gauge goes back to the green just like it does when It's fully charged.

I hope this all makes sense, as I don't know all the technical terms like you guys do. When I get over the hill the gauge comes back in the green like it was fully charged. I will be more than happy to send a picture if you still need it when the cart gets back, my wife and our granddaughter went to the pool on it. Again thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
CRK
Gone Wild

Club Car

Scottb and or TahoeDawgZ71 is the 84 Club Car a resistor car? Could it be that the problem is the 1st or 2nd solenoid is bad?
CRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes its a 5 solenoid resistor cart and since reverse works on 1/2 speed ( 18 volts ) thats normal......load test eavh battery is and if they turn out good under load we can go from there...............it onlt takes one to act up to cause this..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:36 AM   #8
pianoplayerjohn
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks so much everyone, I will do as you say and get back with you. I really appreciate your help!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car