lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Precedent Fender Flairs

Has anyone installed these on a 2004 or newer precedent? If so, what are your thoughts? Pics? http://www.groovycarts.com/clcarpr202fe.html
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent Fender Flairs

The flares they are showing are on a DS. However, I saw someone else on this site with siimilar flares on a precedent and they looked great. I have the kind that mount on the outside of the body panels and extend out +3". They dont look nearly as neat but I suspect they provide better protection from slinging mud with wide mud tires.

If you are just looking to keep water spray off your back when on the street with smaller tires, those should work fine, and look better. If you plan to go hunting or otherwise need to travel through mud, and dont want to be picking mud chunks off your clothing when you get there, I suggest bigger flares. I will say that I did not want flares at all, until after my first hunt trip when I had to deal with bits of mud EVERYWHERE.

PS. My pic was from before I added the flares.
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Im interested in some flares myself. Pics, pics and more pics... please share pics if you have some mounted on your cart. I can say for sure going through the mud in my cart is a mess. It was throwing mud all inside and for some reason clogs kept being flung straight into my boot (2 points)!
BeerBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #4
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBuggy View Post
Im interested in some flares myself. Pics, pics and more pics... please share pics if you have some mounted on your cart. I can say for sure going through the mud in my cart is a mess. It was throwing mud all inside and for some reason clogs kept being flung straight into my boot (2 points)!
These really worked well for me......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0328121929a.jpg (794.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0328121929_01.JPG (21.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0330120642a.jpg (738.8 KB, 0 views)
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBuggy View Post
Yes! clogs on clothes, on top of head, on top of cart, on bottom of cart roof, all over interior, everywhere clogs

Sorry about no pics before - was not near the cart to take any.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0875[1].jpg (426.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0876[1].jpg (426.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0877[1].jpg (436.2 KB, 0 views)
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #6
Laser
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

You may not be able to make them out too well here, but they do a great job of keeping mud off of your cart... and your left arm, and your head, and your back...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0326.JPG (39.9 KB, 0 views)
Laser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #7
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the pics guys. They do look good on your carts. I take it that you line them up and drill a few holes to mount them? I wunder if you can mount them without drilling the holes(ie: automotive trim double sided tape)? My only concern is with drilling the holes and if I dont like the look, then I am stuck with them or either the holes. I think mud spash shields that you can get for trucks/autos may be another option, but I havent found any for newer precedents.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #8
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

I had to think twice (or 3 times) about drilling holes also but I just got out there one day and drilled away and got it behind me. Now I am glad I mounted them. I think you will like them. I AM going to change to stainless steel mounting hardware though. If I had it to do over again I would have got that to start with. The push-in plastic rivets don’t stay in real good.

8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #9
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

Yes, holes are my concern. I built a boat one time and for days stood over the expensive sheet of marine 3/4 inch plywood that made the ribs and transome scared stiff to cut it. Finally a friend came over with beer and other stuff, cuts were then made and I never looked back. Great boat, sorry I sold it.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #10
Laser
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I never thought twice about the holes. Larger tires made the fender flares necessary. I used stainless steel sheet metal screws. No pilot holes, just screwed 'em in.They seem to be working well for me.
Laser is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car