lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #21
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: Need help charging question

Like I said, I would call local golf courses to see if they had 48 volt CC's to test the charger, otherwise I would visit the dealer and make sure they fix it, including replacing bad bats, cuz I think you have at least one bad bat in that pack.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #22
bowstretch
Not Yet Wild

ok this is what happened. i went out there and took the charge off that battery that was low, it showed 8.01 which would put me over the 50 mark to charge. plugged the powerdrive 3 in and for about 5 minutes seemed like it was charging fine. the it went back to zero and i couldnt hear it running anymore. so i unplugged it and did it meter check on each battery again. the low battery was back in the 5s and the other 5 batterys were between 7.8 and 7.97. almost like that 5 minute charge drained the batteries down and the charger cut off once they got below that 50 mark again. when i charge each individual battery am i suppose to charge on slow, fast or *?
bowstretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #23
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

That bad bat needs to go
Old 09-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #24
bowstretch
Not Yet Wild

so u think the charger is probably ok
Old 09-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #25
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

I will not say the charger is good or bad but you definitely have a bad bat and that would be step one. I am guessing the charger is good though, it is just acting up due to the strange readings its getting. Anyway, thats my guess
Old 09-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #26
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Also, a normal charge for me is when I plug it in it jumps to high amps, then after a few seconds shuts off, after a few more seconds comes back on about halfway on the meter and continues to charge until it is done.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #27
bowstretch
Not Yet Wild

thanks man, u have been a big help bc i am a newbie to carts and know jack squat,lol. i will keep u posted on what else i find. probably will be buying a new battery monday. i guess its ok to buy one new one instead of replacing them all.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #28
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

See if you can find a used good one, that is what I would do.

And I really hope that solves your problem, I still woulda checked my charger on another cart just to be sure there is no problem there, it is a process of elimination.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #29
bowstretch
Not Yet Wild

i will do that monday too
Old 10-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #30
bowstretch
Not Yet Wild

just to be sure yesterday i individually charged each battery for an hour and saved the bad bat for last. plugged my power drive charger in and 4 hours later it was still charging at 10 at night so i went to bed and left it in. went out there this morning and it was dead as could be. i think that pretty much confirms there is nothing wrong with the charger.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car