lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
hanny
Getting Wild

Default got new batteries, bad story

just got 4 new 1275 trojans for my 2008 club car. The old ones were 5 years old basically and needed changed out.
I installed them into the cart and noticed the system voltage was 49 volts. Knowing a little about them i knew at least one battery wasnt charged. so i charged them and the voltage after charging was still low. Checked each battery after nine holes and 3 were fine (12.5 to 12. but one was a t 9.5 volts. So i did a voltage drop on that batter yand one cell is toast. What a deal i had to swap out one and kill my back some more, lol.

all is well that ends well,,,,, the cart after the alltrax 500 upgrade, new 1 gauge wires and swapping out the rear end gears (12 to 1 instead of 6 to 1)now runs just under 40MPH on a level surface after about a quarter mile it hits that speed. Crazy really,,,,,,,

now its time for front disc brakes i think. paul
hanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: got new batteries, bad story

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanny View Post
now runs just under 40MPH on a level surface after about a quarter mile it hits that speed. Crazy really,,,,,,,
Oh. My. God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanny View Post
now its time for front disc brakes i think. paul
Maybe a drag chute, too?

delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car